Bad
Good

Posted January 11, 2016
Everyone is great except the receptionist. My daughter has really blossomed at this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful. The only complaint I have is that the receptionist has always been rude and all the kids can't stand her. She is rude and haughty.

Posted February 17, 2015
My daughter has gotten a wonderful education there, she's in classes that give her transferrable college credits.

Posted May 02, 2013
Clarksville High School is staffed by wonderful teachers and has an outstanding principal. I am proud and happy to come in to work each day, and I'm proud of our students and the things we've achieved at CHS. Recent turnover at the school has brought a better, more progressive faculty, and I'm glad to count myself among their number. It's a great place to work and it's great to watch things get better and better every year!

Posted March 05, 2013
I actually attend Clarksville Highschool and I can tell you for a fact we do actually have many AP and Advanced classes we do extreamly well at customizing every single student into the classes they want to be in. Every sport AND theatre, arts, etc... Need funding it's no ones fault there is more people to raise the money that are in sports I'm in both and we do have to work hard to raise money but neither get special treatment. In fact our principal who does actually care about his students is buying the choir department new piano because ours went out, even though we have a back up that works just fine. Clarksville Highschool is one of the best schools around come look at our plays, they have all been amazing, or watch us play basketball we just went to regionals and state. The learning is is a huge bonus. They actually take time to teach as a class, not just pass out papers to watch us fail. And when it comes to our councilor, this is to the previous parents, your children have lied to you, very well I must add, I'm a junior and she has been working with me since FRESHMAN year about college and she knows I'm not interested yet I get called up like everyone else to talk about it

Posted May 31, 2006
I am the parent of a recent CHS graduate. Academically the school does a good job. The weaknesses I experienced and/or noted were: the counselor is way overworked and can't cover enough college material for the senior class. The band, choral and theatre depts. are always in need of funding. The majority of funding goes into sports at this school. The other depts., while well taught, just never have enough money to do anything substantial. Like other schools, you'll find a few teachers who could perform on a more professional level. The administration does not enforce the dress code - esp. on short skirts and low-cut tops. The way some of the kids are allowed to walk around in the school is shameful. In conclusion, my child enjoyed the four years at CHS but, also saw where a lot of improvement could be made.

Clarksville Senior High School 2

Posted January 31, 2005
I am a student at Clarksville High School and I honestly think that the school does a very poor job. The principal really doesn't care about the students. most of the teachers try very hard to help their students learn, but it is very hard when they sometimes have to buy the materials themselves. The school refuses to fund its music department on vital things that they need. We need many new posture chairs and they will not help us. they try to stop bad things from happening at the school but i feel that they do not try hard enough. I feel that my scool is a really horrible place and i think that i deserve better.

Clarksville Senior High School

Posted January 24, 2005
Clarksville High School is a small community school. On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, the administration would score a 2...while the teachers would score at least a high 8 as they continue to struggle to help students succeed. The school cannot compete with other schools on academic or athletic levels. The school district continues to ignore the problems at this small community school. With a student body of a little over 400 students and small classrooms you would think that the administration would be aware of all happenings in and around their facility - instead there is drugs and smoking in the bathrooms, students leaving and returning in the middle of the day, and discipline policies that are truly in need of change.

Posted August 25, 2004
I think Clarksville School systems in general helps build confidence and set goals in our children, the teachers have really helped my children deal with everyday issues just by lending a caring ear. I would recommend the school system to any parent. We bought a home in Clarksville just for the school district.

Clarksville Senior High School 2

Posted August 16, 2004
Clarksville High School does not do anything to get their students into college. There is only one counselor, and she is greatly overworked. Also, the number of advanced-level courses is very low, while many neighboring schools offer a host of AP courses.

Clarksville Senior High School 3

Posted May 17, 2004
Clarksville High School falls behind in promoting continuing their education beyond high school. The people in charge of college preparation do not do a very good job.

Clarksville Senior High School
800 Dr. Dot Lewis Drive, Clarksville, IN  47129
Last modified Clarksville Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.