Clarksville, IN

Parkwood Elementary School 5

Posted October 19, 2010
parkwood is a great school. Ms.Sarah Davis is the best teacher my child talks about how good of a teacher and how nice she is all the time.

Posted October 21, 2009
Best teachers around.. They really care about our kids!

Posted October 07, 2009
The staff are generally helpful and truly seem to want what is best for the children.

Posted September 27, 2009
it is a very diverse school.. My child is exposed to a lot more then I ever was

Posted October 23, 2008
I have had both my sons attend parkwood, we moved in this neighborhood so that my oldest son could attend school there. Robert 'Jake' Farmer. Now my second boy Zachary attends and loves the school. I applaud the entire team! We do miss Mr. Farmer!

Parkwood Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
My granddaughter is in 3rd grade this year and every year I am more and more impressed with the school and the teachers. They all seem committed to the children and ensuring they get the best the ycan.

Posted March 27, 2008
This school is in desperate need of parental involvement. I do no think they have had a full PTO board in five or six years. Some of the teachers have kids who are just impossible to 'teach', their behavior takes away from the rest of the class wanting to learn, and the repurcussions for unacceptable behavior at Parkwood are not stern enough and the kids will misbehave over and over and over.

Parkwood Elementary School 5

Posted March 11, 2006
Parkwood is a fantastic school. The teachers are some of the most committed I have ever seen. They present lessons that are differentiated for the various learners in their classes and are constantly monitoring what the students know to decide what they need to teach next. I am extremely impressed.

Parkwood Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2005
I was pleasantly impressed with the quality of academic work as well as the teachers. If the teachers had not been so interested in my child and his development, I would have looked into another school. There is not enough space available for children who are truly advanced academically. Apparently this is due to historical lack of managing an advanced program/curriculum properly. This is truly unfortunate, as many children who would benefit from an advanced curriculum are excluded.

Parkwood Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2005
The school is entirely too overcrowded. It was built to accomodate 400 people, and now most days has in excess of 600 students and faculty. The dishwashing machine in the cafeteria can no longer be fixed, as the company no longer manufactures the parts; a new one is needed! I don't understand the unwillingness of the school board to recognize and address these problems. They have indicated that Parkwood will have no major funding for improvements until 2007. In the meantime, the Hispanic population has ballooned in the surrounding neighborhoods, and their non-English speaking children are doing their best to cope at Parkwood with little to no Spanish speaking faculty. There is no PTO involvement to speak of. This school needs a shot in the arm, and quick. Teachers are great, the principals are great, but these problems need addressing by a higher authority. Proud Parkwood Parent.

748 Spicewood Drive, Clarksville, IN  47129
Last modified Parkwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top