Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 5

Posted September 22, 2011
I have been extremely happy with Schmitt. My two younger kids have attended this school for three years now and they love it! My son just started middle school and he was very prepared for the advanced curriculum and the homework because of the foundation that he got at Fodrea. Don't judge a school by one or two teachers. Every apple barrel has a rotten one or two in the bunch; it doesn't make them all bad. However, having said that, every teacher I have had the pleasure of getting to know and working with through volunteer opportunities has been wonderful and extremely kind and generous of their time and talents. My oldest daughter is an elementary ed major in college and she has done some fieldwork at Schmitt. She has remarked time and again on how wonderful this school is and how dedicated their teachers and staff are to the kids.

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2011
Both of my daughters have really enjoyed their time at Schmitt School. They are always very proud to say they attend Schmitt because they feel it has a great reputation for educating its students and also for the respect that is taught by example from fellow students and staff.

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2011
I am on my 2nd generation of children to attend Schmitt Elementary School and have been very disapointed with the schools policies of discrimination and singleing out and sterotyping and lack of control over what I consider to be "bulleying" by teachers as well as students. There are teachers who seem to have a general dislike of children and show little empathy towards children who don't fit into what they perceive as the "scmitt mold" of being quiet, robotlike followers. God forbid children show any personality or are active or outspoken. My Grandson has even been scolded over his religious beleifs by a young, just graduated from college teacher who has singled him out and continues to degrade him and scold him on a dailey basis. I can't wait until the end of the school year. We are looking into private schools. Shame on you for your closedmindedness and intolerance towards a little boy who is going through his own personal tragedies. You could have been a releif & a comfort to him...you chose to ridicule and harass and be one more place that is a negative in his life.

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2011
I just happened across your website and felt compelled to write. My Grandson went to Schmitt last year as a first grader. I was appalled at how much things had changed since my youngest son had attended Schmitt his K-6 grade years. My Grandson had a young teacher who didn't have children of her own and it was obvious that she wasn't trained very well on how to handle young children. My Grandson went through ridicule and humiliation at what should have been a happy and positive learning experience. This teacher clearly disliked my Grandson, so much so in fact, that when he saw her at the 4H fair that year and spoke to her, she turned her head and didn't bother to speak back. What kind of person dislikes a child? In my opinion, if a child is a little feisty or demonstrates a form of independance, the schools want to label them as ADHD or learning disabled. I am not trying to paint a picture of a perfect child here, my Grandson can be trying at times, but then what six year old isn't? I just don't feel that he got what he needed from a woman that was in a position to help with the transition that comes with a child just starting out in school. I felt that someone should know

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2011
student to teacher ratio is at a ridiculous 30-32:1 deadlines are never set in stone, basically allowing the child to be lazy and inefficient. the beacon after school program isn't as much of a success as claimed to be, many students are left without help on their homework, some are made to feel stupid for asking for help. Summary, there are too many students and the adults are losing control

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2008
Daughter currently in K, and only has HW twice a day, which is great! My daughter is learning a lot everyday, but I do not like the student to teacher ratio avg 25:1. They merged two elementary schools this year and now have a high number of students at this one school. There isn't anymore room to add on tho this school either becasue the there are other schools located all around in that area. Their is high school, middle school, 3 private schools in the same local, same street as Schmitt. Traffic is impossible! Schmidt does seem a bit organized when it comes to the safety of the children, so for that I give them an A++!

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 5

Posted July 14, 2008

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2007

Lillian Schmitt Elementary School
2675 California Street, Columbus, IN  47201
Last modified Lillian Schmitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lillian Schmitt Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.