Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Parkside Elementary School 3

Posted July 30, 2016
This school is better than average for a public school, but that is only because of the teachers. The administration is not favorable overall, especially the school counselor. There is a serious lack of awareness of what elementary students need from a school counselor at this school. There has also been a steady decline in parental involvement over the past 3-4 years, likely due to the type of families that are moving into the district. Overall I would hesitate to send my children to Parkside because of the degradation of involvement from parents and unfavorable administration.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 03, 2016
We are grateful for Mrs. Ruble, Mrs.Knight, Mrs. Elwood, Mrs. Rawlins, Mr. Ulrich, Mrs.Carr, Mrs. Chastain, Mrs. Logston, Mrs.Stroh, and so many others in-between.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 03, 2016
Respect starts at home.but the staff do the best they can in modeling that behavior to either enhance what they do respectfully or show to those that lack respect what is appropriate in settings like school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 03, 2016
Each students family has their own story and teachers are good for listening, understands Ng, and doing what they can with seeing insubordinate to the school and districts rules.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 03, 2016
Enforcing their Pirate Code, following the Student Handbook, and listening. They do what's best for each child.

Posted July 03, 2016
An outstanding school with excellent teachers. They are always open to communicate in various ways and also know what's best for our children. They have helped me as a parent better understand how to assist our children with concepts that have been challenging while praising our children for doing awesome on everything else.

Parkside Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2012
This is our 2nd year at Parkside Elementary. My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade. I was impressed with how well my child learned to read by the end of his Kindergarten year. Parkside has Accelerated Math and Reading programs. My child in 3rd grade also has Mrs. Watts. I'm excited to see how much my son learns his year, she is an excellent teacher. I appreciate the 2 free after school programs "Jump Thumpers" (jump roping), and an exercise program. I think Jump Thumpers was $5, but that is just the cost of the jump rope, and the trophy they get to keep. Excellent School!! We will miss it, when we move.

Posted July 25, 2011
My son started at Parkside in 2nd grade. We had Mr. Brown. After a horrible last school, I was very nervous about a new school. Mr. Brown was such a great teacher. We were so blessed to have him last year. He helped my son - a lot! If there was ever an issue he called me. My son has autism & not only was Mr. Brown ALWAYS in contact, but so were the wonderful ladies from the resource team. Nancy Connors, Mrs. A, Mrs. Rubel. Everyone was wonderful. Always there to help, even giving out their home phone numbers to help after school. Not only did my son learn a lot, but I really felt as though the teachers not only cared about their students but loved them. The office staff is great as well and Mr. Smith (the principal) is as nice as can be. This school is great - challenging academically, has wonderful resources, an awesome staff, and who could forget that great playground?! We can't wait for next year!

Parkside Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2010
Very political school, obviously interracial parents are noticed and judged through their children. I would have to stick to the below average rating due to the fact that the children are mislead into trying out for different activities and chosen by whom the judges know. If it is due to the studends grades and they know before hand then my thought is that the student should not be allowed to even try out, and keep the child from being humiliated.

Posted February 12, 2009
Parkside is an A+++++ school! My daughter went there from K-3 and my son went there for K. The only reason why they aren't there still is that we had to move. At Parkside, mostly my teacher experiences were good. This school definitely operates at a more advanced level than other schools in the district. It also excels in special education, with a special inclusion program in that area, special reading groups, and tutors. Parkside has numerous after school activites such as choir, sports, and strings instruments(violin, viola, cello). Twice a year the kids can sign up for special after hours programming, which they love. One really great added plus to Parkside is the 1 1/2 acre playground which is huge, handicapped accessible, and has a 25,000 ft. rubber checkered surface for safety, a rock wall, & more! Overall Awesome School, seriously the best in Columbus and the best neighborhood too!!!!!!

1400 Parkside Drive, Columbus, IN  47203
Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.