Bad
Good

Having two children who go to this school I can honestly say I'm appalled by how left leaning this place can be. A number of cases have come up of my children, who are "white" being singled out by teachers as well as other students. Also having opposing opinions (which are not school appropriate) thrust upon them. I look forward to the school year being over as I can put my children in a healthier environment. Favoritism runs the roost at this school. And certain other parents could learn some manners.

This school is better than average for a public school, but that is only because of the teachers. The administration is not favorable overall, especially the school counselor. There is a serious lack of awareness of what elementary students need from a school counselor at this school. There has also been a steady decline in parental involvement over the past 3-4 years, likely due to the type of families that are moving into the district. Overall I would hesitate to send my children to Parkside because of the degradation of involvement from parents and unfavorable administration.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Enforcing their Pirate Code, following the Student Handbook, and listening. They do what's best for each child.

An outstanding school with excellent teachers. They are always open to communicate in various ways and also know what's best for our children. They have helped me as a parent better understand how to assist our children with concepts that have been challenging while praising our children for doing awesome on everything else.

This is our 2nd year at Parkside Elementary. My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade. I was impressed with how well my child learned to read by the end of his Kindergarten year. Parkside has Accelerated Math and Reading programs. My child in 3rd grade also has Mrs. Watts. I'm excited to see how much my son learns his year, she is an excellent teacher. I appreciate the 2 free after school programs "Jump Thumpers" (jump roping), and an exercise program. I think Jump Thumpers was $5, but that is just the cost of the jump rope, and the trophy they get to keep. Excellent School!! We will miss it, when we move.

My son started at Parkside in 2nd grade. We had Mr. Brown. After a horrible last school, I was very nervous about a new school. Mr. Brown was such a great teacher. We were so blessed to have him last year. He helped my son - a lot! If there was ever an issue he called me. My son has autism & not only was Mr. Brown ALWAYS in contact, but so were the wonderful ladies from the resource team. Nancy Connors, Mrs. A, Mrs. Rubel. Everyone was wonderful. Always there to help, even giving out their home phone numbers to help after school. Not only did my son learn a lot, but I really felt as though the teachers not only cared about their students but loved them. The office staff is great as well and Mr. Smith (the principal) is as nice as can be. This school is great - challenging academically, has wonderful resources, an awesome staff, and who could forget that great playground?! We can't wait for next year!

Very political school, obviously interracial parents are noticed and judged through their children. I would have to stick to the below average rating due to the fact that the children are mislead into trying out for different activities and chosen by whom the judges know. If it is due to the studends grades and they know before hand then my thought is that the student should not be allowed to even try out, and keep the child from being humiliated.

Parkside is an A+++++ school! My daughter went there from K-3 and my son went there for K. The only reason why they aren't there still is that we had to move. At Parkside, mostly my teacher experiences were good. This school definitely operates at a more advanced level than other schools in the district. It also excels in special education, with a special inclusion program in that area, special reading groups, and tutors. Parkside has numerous after school activites such as choir, sports, and strings instruments(violin, viola, cello). Twice a year the kids can sign up for special after hours programming, which they love. One really great added plus to Parkside is the 1 1/2 acre playground which is huge, handicapped accessible, and has a 25,000 ft. rubber checkered surface for safety, a rock wall, & more! Overall Awesome School, seriously the best in Columbus and the best neighborhood too!!!!!!

Great school--probably the best in Columbus! Mrs. Watts is the best teacher ever!!!! 3rd grade was a pleasure with her. Class sizes aren't bad and staff are, for the most part, parent friendly and helpful. PTO can be clique-ish, but atmosphere of the school makes up for that. Superb art, music, library and physical education teachers. Overall great school in a great community.

Parkside is a great school overall. The younger grades (K-3) seems to be a little better quality than the older grades. Fourth grade is very weak at Parkside. It is a safe school for students, and most teachers are very nice and caring.

Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.