Crown Point, IN

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We encourage GreatSchool visitors to visit St. Mary's School website. The website has been created to give visitors a better understanding of how our school educates children in faith, academics, life lessons, and compassion. We have been successfully doing this since 1872! Together, wonderful students, committed parents, a dedicated faculty and staff, a supportive pastor and parish leadership, and an involved community, create an educational environment where each student is valued and feels at home. At St. Mary s School, we feel privileged to be a part of your child s upbringing. Our high test scores are just one small indicator of the caliber of education offered at St. Mary s School. Through our emphasis on moral and spiritual development, your child will be supported in his/her unique journey toward living a faith-filled life. Indeed, your child will be encouraged to grasp the deeper meanings of faith whether through weekly all-school masses, in the curriculum that is taught, or by seeing the hand of God work in their lives. Life is best lived in a holistic environment where mind, body, and spirit are recognized as gifts from God. As you get to know us better, we hope that those who are not already with us will decide to join the St. Mary's School family. I would be happy to meet with you and your family and give a tour of our building. Please do not hesitate to call. I look forward to hearing from you. Mr. Tom Ruiz Principal
December 03, 2014

Posted March 04, 2015
My daughter is getting a first class education in a nurturing and caring environment. Low teacher-student ratios and an emphasis on religious/character education are a big plus.

Posted January 25, 2015
St. Mary's is an amazing school. This is my second year as SMS parent and my daughter loves her school teachers and friends. The dedication of the staff and teachers is wonderful. I am happy to make the sacrifice and personal choice to send my children to a well established catholic school that has so much to offer.

Saint Mary Catholic Comm School 1

Posted January 24, 2015
My children are being bullied. I have spoken to the principal and the teachers but because my children are afraid to speak up they refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. I have asked the principal if he would speak with my children (without me present) to see if they would feel comfortable enough to tell him the names of The children picking on them and he said it could not possibly be a big problem if they did not want to tell me. They don't care.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 17, 2015
My daughter absolutely loves going to St. Mary's School. She has made many friends at all grade levels. The school operates like one big family. I am very pleased with the academics, extracurricular activities, and spirituality that are offered at St. Mary's. I recommend the school to all!

Posted January 16, 2015
Outstanding in every way. Great facilities, great staff. My eldest graduated last year and is pulling straight A's at Andrean, my 11 yr old is there now.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted December 03, 2014

Saint Mary Catholic Comm School 2

Posted September 23, 2014
I have noticed a few situations where some of the teachers could use some sensitivity training. Their approach to educating minorities leaves much to be desired.
6 people found this helpful

Posted September 11, 2014
SMS is a wonderful school that is second to none! Wouldn't send my kids anywhere else! Private school is the way to go.

Posted September 10, 2014
We are so happy to have this school in our community. We are truly blessed that we are able to send our daughter there and blessed again with help in able to do so

Posted September 10, 2014
Love the school, teachers, and the environment. The education is an A+, but most important is the values they are taught by leading a Catholic life at home and at school.

Saint Mary Catholic Comm School
405 East Joliet Street, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Saint Mary Catholic Comm School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saint Mary Catholic Comm School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top