PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We encourage GreatSchool visitors to visit St. Mary's School website. The website has been created to give visitors a better understanding of how our school educates children in faith, academics, life lessons, and compassion. We have been successfully doing this since 1872! Together, wonderful students, committed parents, a dedicated faculty and staff, a supportive pastor and parish leadership, and an involved community, create an educational environment where each student is valued and feels at home. At St. Mary s School, we feel privileged to be a part of your child s upbringing. Our high test scores are just one small indicator of the caliber of education offered at St. Mary s School. Through our emphasis on moral and spiritual development, your child will be supported in his/her unique journey toward living a faith-filled life. Indeed, your child will be encouraged to grasp the deeper meanings of faith whether through weekly all-school masses, in the curriculum that is taught, or by seeing the hand of God work in their lives. Life is best lived in a holistic environment where mind, body, and spirit are recognized as gifts from God. As you get to know us better, we hope that those who are not already with us will decide to join the St. Mary's School family. I would be happy to meet with you and your family and give a tour of our building. Please do not hesitate to call. I look forward to hearing from you. Mr. Tom Ruiz Principal
December 03, 2014

Bad
Good

St Mary School of Crown Point was the best thing we could have done for our children education. This school allows you to be apart of your child education. The teachers work great with all students and really know how to make you feel welcome.

It is our first year at St. Mary's. Our only regret is that we didn't come here sooner! The staff, principal, and teachers care so deeply about educating the whole child, not just achieving high test scores. All of the families are so welcoming, it truly is a great big family. We would recommend SMS to anyone!

My daughter is getting a first class education in a nurturing and caring environment. Low teacher-student ratios and an emphasis on religious/character education are a big plus.

St. Mary's is an amazing school. This is my second year as SMS parent and my daughter loves her school teachers and friends. The dedication of the staff and teachers is wonderful. I am happy to make the sacrifice and personal choice to send my children to a well established catholic school that has so much to offer.

My children are being bullied. I have spoken to the principal and the teachers but because my children are afraid to speak up they refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. I have asked the principal if he would speak with my children (without me present) to see if they would feel comfortable enough to tell him the names of The children picking on them and he said it could not possibly be a big problem if they did not want to tell me. They don't care.

My daughter absolutely loves going to St. Mary's School. She has made many friends at all grade levels. The school operates like one big family. I am very pleased with the academics, extracurricular activities, and spirituality that are offered at St. Mary's. I recommend the school to all!

Outstanding in every way. Great facilities, great staff. My eldest graduated last year and is pulling straight A's at Andrean, my 11 yr old is there now.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted December 03, 2014

I have noticed a few situations where some of the teachers could use some sensitivity training. Their approach to educating minorities leaves much to be desired.

SMS is a wonderful school that is second to none! Wouldn't send my kids anywhere else! Private school is the way to go.

Last modified Saint Mary Catholic Comm School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8