Saint Mary Catholic Comm School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
My son was humiliated and tormented by bullies. He was afraid to go to school and would become physically ill at the thought of going to school. The principal is only concerned about money and will side with the parents that bring the most money into the school. My sons teacher was old and tiard of dealing with kids that she just didn't care anymore. Horrible experience!

Posted May 05, 2014
We have sent both of our three children to St. Mary's Crown Point and will send our third child when she is old enough. It is an excellent school. The Principal truly loves our kids evident by one look at how he interacts with them. The teachers are very dedicated to making sure ALL the kids are keeping up and very helpful if they have trouble. We have been associated with this school for five years and I have yet to have a complaint about the staff or school.

Posted May 05, 2014
Our oldest spent 6 years in the Crown Point public schools before we decided to send her to SMCCS. Now we would never think of sending our children anywhere else. The challenging curriculum, the dedicated teachers, and Principal Ruiz make St. Mary s the best school in Crown Point and give our children the skills they need to succeed in high school and beyond. The attention and help given to our children is something we never received at the public school. Our only suggestion to the school is that the teachers need do a better job of keeping OptionC updated. We ll also agree with other reviewers that the parent politics/cliques can be frustrating sometimes, but it has never interfered with our kids education. Lastly the TRIP requirements are a bit steep, especially when the administration/organization of the program seems to have suffered this year.

Posted April 29, 2014
I have noticed that there are a few not so nice comments about our school nurse. As a fellow school nurse, Nurse Miskus has never been unprofessional or inappropriate, Patty has always treated my son with great attention and concern. The Nightingale Pledge mentions being "devoted to those in my care." No she doesn't think that she's a physician - in her professional opinion your child should be seen by a physician.

Posted April 29, 2014
My son is in the 3rd grade and loves St. Mary's. We have had no issues and only positive experience. Any issues that my son has had with ADD was given extra attention and opportunities for extra tutoring. I work full time to make sure my son gets the best education. I do wish grandparents could do service hours if they are virtuously trained. My work schedule to send my son gives me little time to volunteer. Also I would love to see the trip program not be a requirement and the $200 added to the total tuition and any trip you buy is a direct credit to your tuition bills. I have a 2yr old who will also go to St.Marys starting in preschool. I'm happy to pay for a great education!

Posted April 28, 2014
We have two children who have or still go to St. Mary. Without a doubt, this was the best choice we could've made for our girls. I have never met a harder working principal and staff with genuine care and concern for every child in that building. You will regularly find them working late hours for the children. There are many programs for the children to grow and learn with. Both of our children participate in sports, music and school government. Our oldest has excelled at the next level while continuing her Catholic education. She is an honor roll student. Nurse Miskus is GREAT. She always keeps us informed and she treats our daughter well. The entire school office keeps us informed of activity regarding our children. I have never experienced "politics" while being part of the SMS family and no mention of any issues with voucher program students. They are students like our children. I am proud of the diversity here. I recommend anyone making a new school decision take the school tour, attend the open houses and speak to the real parents...the ones who's children go to the school. You will quickly find out why this school earns the high rating that it does.

Posted April 28, 2014
I am an alumni of this school and was very happy when I enrolled my own child here. The way the teachers go the extra mile for their students has always amazed me. There is never a time when a child is left behind when it comes to education. The teachers always make sure that every single one of their students understands the materials at hand. The staff there are all friendly and professional. As for the education there; it's top notch. They have classes for the gifted students as well as the extra help for those who struggle in certain areas. I am a proud parent of a wildcat and would never consider taking my child out of there. It's just an all around great place for a child.

Posted April 28, 2014
We love St. Mary's! Our son started in the Nursery School program and is now in Kindergarten! Principal, teachers, and staff have all been wonderful!

Posted April 28, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at St Mary's and I have to say that I am very pleased! I am so happy that I chose to send her there. I myself went to catholic school and I am impressed at how well everything is organized and communicated. I look forward to experiencing the coming years with my daughter at St Mary's!

Posted April 28, 2014
St. Mary's is the best choice for our family! Not only do our kids love it, we love it also. The teachers, principal, nurse and office staff and everyone involved in this school are truly dedicated to our children. This school is really a family and we are so proud to be a part of this great school!

Saint Mary Catholic Comm School
405 East Joliet Street, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Saint Mary Catholic Comm School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saint Mary Catholic Comm School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.