Posted May 25, 2014
My kids were in the catholic school down the street and it was a bad experience. They are here now and love it. The teachers are great and the principal is great.

Posted October 12, 2013
What a blessing Trinity has been to our family. We never intended to send our children to the day school, however, once we became part of such a loving community, we know it was our only choice. Our children love it and have been there for 5 years. Trinity gives what NO public school can teach, compassion, love for each other, and most importantly a christian centered education. Sorry to see some of the negative comments on here...lets not forget, it is the PARENTS responsibility to stay involved in their child's life and relationships. Love Love Love the teachers at Trinity!!! Go Hornets!

Posted August 22, 2013
My kids love it here! My kids love the principal and their teachers. We love it here.

Trinity Lutheran School 1

Posted April 20, 2013
DO NOT SEND your children here if you don't want them bullied. My child was bullied and it continued. The school wanted to put her in a bad situation with her bully during a trip. Save your child and your money and find another private school that has a zero tolerance for this. I have just taken my child out because my child could not handle the situation. When I went into the principal I recieved no apologies and he had a smile across his face that was huge and was like a final ha ha ha....I got the best of you! I have paid out so much money and for what...for my child to be treated like this? Please save your children and find a school other than this one. My child isn't the first and I doubt she will be the last.

Posted January 24, 2013
We LOVE this school! My son is in his second year there (he is a 6th grader) and I cannot say enough good things about this school. You can get a feel about a school when you meet the staff and from the moment you meet someone from Trinity, you can feel the difference. This is not just a job to the teachers and Principal and even the administrative staff. Every person there cares about your son/daughter excelling academically, physically & spiritually. It's not just books and lessons; it's also about teaching character and responsibility. Best of all it's ACCREDITED! I wish Trinity went to 12th grade because we would never leave! They also participate in team sports, Art and Music, and have reading "contests", Spelling Bees, Geography Bees, etc. One thing to add here, is that Trinity gets their hot lunch menu from Crown Point Community Schools, so what Crown Point is serving, Trinity also serves. The menu is impressive and has both vegetarian choices as well as better-for-you selections (like whole grain nuggets, etc.). And when Crown Point is off school for holidays, etc., so is Trinity. Make an appointment to visit the school. You will NOT be disappointed!

Posted October 24, 2012
Our daughter was in a highly rated public school from K-5 but had a class of 30 children and seemed to have trouble focusing. We switched her to Trinity Lutheran for 6th grade and she is now excelling in school. Her class has only 15 kids and the teaching is very interactive. This was the best thing we could have done for her education. She has expressed how much she loves her knew school and that it is easier for her to learn there.

Posted December 05, 2011
Great school! I am a student there and I would NEVER choose a 'public' school over Trinity. I love reading about the idiotic parents saying they didn't like this school..they just didnt like the fact that their sweet little cupcakes got diciplined. (those kids are always BRATS). Perfect school!

Posted October 01, 2011
We have been sending our children here for the past 4 years. We love and so do our kids. The staff and faculty gets an A+ from us!! Go Hornets!

Posted May 04, 2011
Best decision we made was switching our child from public school to Trinity Lutheran. Her teachers at the public school seemed overwhelmed with large class sizes and learning was often disrupted. The expectations of the students seemed low both in academics and behavior. At Trinity, with smaller class sizes, the teachers know the strengths and weaknesses of every child which leads to a much more fulfilling and personal learning experience for the students. Our child's confidence has blossomed this year and she is much more outgoing and confident. Initially I thought I'd be worried about eventually making the transition to a large public high school, but I am no longer worried. Our child experiences the same social situations, but at Trinity they are molding her to have a better and stronger foundation with which to confidently handle the challenges that she will encounter. I am confident she will be a much stronger individual because of her Trinity experience and will have a much more solid base with which to stand. Many thanks to everyone at Trinity for making our first year an amazing experience. I've never been somewhere new and felt so welcome!

Posted April 29, 2011
Having experienced the local public school system, with greatly oversized classes and a somewhat "can't do" attitude (disciplinary, and education related), I have only praise for Trinity Lutheran School. My daughter has excelled and was welcomed immediately by fellow students and staff. When in public school's "honors classes", she had actually only been learning at the across the board level here in some areas. (No big surprise.) The classes are small and the teachers know who you are and want you to succeed. If a student needs help, it's already there. It is a much better learning environment. As a parent, I no longer worry about her safety. I'm very confident in the choice to remove her from the precarious social environment she was in previously. She can focus on her education. I see this group cares about their students and their families. The other Trinity families are also much more focused on their children's behavior and personal success. Altogether, it's a huge, wonderful difference.

Trinity Lutheran School
250 South Indiana Avenue, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trinity Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.