Posted March 08, 2011
Lake Street is where my children started school when we first moved to Crown Point Indiana last school year. I fought to get them back there when we moved into a new house. My youngest has gone from low grades at Solon Robinson last year to barely missing the AB honor roll this year! Great teaching staff that cares, and the Principal who cares about every child and even welcomes them into her office for visits after they have left the school and moved on to middle school! She cares enough to make sure every child feels special, and finds different ways to get them pumped up for ISTEP tests and excited to come back every day to learn something new! Oh, I forgot to mention they just recieved 4 star status today! I knew they were great before that! Im proud to be a parent, PTO member, and a part of the Lake Street Family! Thats how you feel when you are there, as part of the family!

Lake Street Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2010
The last principal allowed the school to be run down - and ignored the teachers. The new principal is all about making the school look nice, but ignores all of the problems with the newer teachers and bullying. Parents are involved but their kids are the worst bullies. There are better schools in Crown Point.

Posted July 05, 2006

Lake Street Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
Moving from Greenwood Indiana would have been more difficult if it wasn't for the help and support I was given from the staff at Lake Street school. The school atmosphere is friendly,the PTO is great, the school itself is clean, the grounds are well kept and the parents are the most dedicated volunteers a chairperson could ask for. With the help of the parents and PTO, the teachers have found that the parents care and truly apprieciate them. Lake Street has grown during these last 5 years and I am proud of this school and I will miss the wonderful, smart teachers and the caring , efficent staff and a principal that is not the least unfriendly.

Posted December 06, 2005
We are very happy at Lake st. and plan to buy in this area so we can stay there. The teachers and staff are very caring. If there is problems they strive to help and work with you. Our daughter was diagnosed with leukemia and they were all over it. I had a problem with the standoffishness of the principal too at first, but once you talk to her it is just fine. The academics are fine and if you have any issues, just talk to the staff and they look to correct it or find help. Love the school, the area, the staff, the PTO, and the parents. I recommend it highly!

Posted March 19, 2005
Parents don't know what they have at Lake Street until they have to send their children to another school in another school corporation and it doesn't even come close to the advanced technology the teachers who care about the kids and the parent involvement. I have 4 children who went thru there from kindergarten up to 6th grade. We moved to another school corporation and have been here a year and a half to long. I can't wait to sell our house and move back to crown point. Where my children will actually learn something.

Lake Street Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2005

Lake Street Elementary School
475 Lake Street, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Lake Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.