Crown Point, IN
After care: No

Posted June 02, 2015
The teachers and staff are amazing! My son's first experience with Winfield was in speech when he was three years old. Everyone took the time to get to know him and show him the school. He's soon to be a second grader and loves school. He participates in the after school activities they offer and loves it! You know you have a good school when your child can't wait to go!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 01, 2015
The teachers are amazing!!! We have been very fortunate to have been in the winfield school system.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
Winfield is amazing at fostering determination and desire to succeed in academics. The programs they offer in addition to school programs are incredible.

Posted June 01, 2015
Winfield is a great school! The teachers and staff have done a great job of preparing my son for the future.

Posted June 01, 2015
The teachers and staff are very effective at communicating the expectations and desires in regards to our child's educational goals and progress.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
This school stomps out bullying at the first notification. It is unfortunate some kids continue to pick on others!!!

Posted June 01, 2015
Winfield is an amazing school, each student is treated as an individual as well assessed frequently. Safety is a top priority as well as creating an environment that fosters great learning as well as a family friendly school!!! We have been in the school for 2 years- we love every staff member!!! We have always been treated with respect, kindness and courtesy!! Mrs. Alonzo is a great leader establishing a greater school for even greater possibilities that are endless!!

Posted June 01, 2015
Both my sons attend Winfield and I have had nothing but great things to say. My sons have both done extremely well while there.

Winfield Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2015
My son is 13 now but he went to winfield when my son was in 1st grade. I didn't know it at the time but my son had a food allergy that's why he was acting up in class. principal told me off in front of all the class which she shouldn't of did and the principal went in classroom and ask what kind of trouble josh got into today. to me that is on called for saying that. I told that her off and I told her if you want to continue this fight we have to do it in the hall I refuse to fight with you in front of all these children. the principal should of got fired for treating me that bad I turned her in but state said she is allowed treat me that bad. she also held my son down when I first walked in the room and I told her off for that I said no one holds my son down and now i have to put him in homeschooling because you did this. the teacher held him down and she suppose to be special ed. teacher my son has a disability and even the nurse helped which I was suprised. I don't think you should hold any child down all three of them should of got fired but they didn't they kept there jobs and they are still there probably. it took my son year to get over that ordeal they caused.

Winfield Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2015
Unfortunately we do not feel that the staff are as friendly as most seem to think, and my wife and I are probably not the only parents to feel this way. One of the secretaries is constantly crabby and rude (and probably should've retired already) and the principal is fake and condescending. The teacher our child ended up with this year is disorganized and forgetful. We wish our child's experience this past year would've been better, because they truly love to learn, but its been one disappointment after another with this particular school. When your child cries almost every single day because they don't want to go to school, you have to wonder why... We went into this school year prepared to volunteer and donate as much as we could, but have honestly been turned off from both altogether. We literally wanted to pull our child out the first month of school but didn't because we thought conditions would improve. Our mistake. We're giving the school 3 stars only because it's clean, it's in a good district, and has the potential to be better.

13128 Montgomery Street, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Winfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Winfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top