Crown Point, IN

Winfield Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2015
My son is 13 now but he went to winfield when my son was in 1st grade. I didn't know it at the time but my son had a food allergy that's why he was acting up in class. principal told me off in front of all the class which she shouldn't of did and the principal went in classroom and ask what kind of trouble josh got into today. to me that is on called for saying that. I told that her off and I told her if you want to continue this fight we have to do it in the hall I refuse to fight with you in front of all these children. the principal should of got fired for treating me that bad I turned her in but state said she is allowed treat me that bad. she also held my son down when I first walked in the room and I told her off for that I said no one holds my son down and now i have to put him in homeschooling because you did this. the teacher held him down and she suppose to be special ed. teacher my son has a disability and even the nurse helped which I was suprised. I don't think you should hold any child down all three of them should of got fired but they didn't they kept there jobs and they are still there probably. it took my son year to get over that ordeal they caused.

Winfield Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2015
Unfortunately we do not feel that the staff are as friendly as most seem to think, and my wife and I are probably not the only parents to feel this way. One of the secretaries is constantly crabby and rude (and probably should've retired already) and the principal is fake and condescending. The teacher our child ended up with this year is disorganized and forgetful. We wish our child's experience this past year would've been better, because they truly love to learn, but its been one disappointment after another with this particular school. When your child cries almost every single day because they don't want to go to school, you have to wonder why... We went into this school year prepared to volunteer and donate as much as we could, but have honestly been turned off from both altogether. We literally wanted to pull our child out the first month of school but didn't because we thought conditions would improve. Our mistake. We're giving the school 3 stars only because it's clean, it's in a good district, and has the potential to be better.

Posted May 29, 2013
I only wish I could give this school more stars. My daughter has attended K-2 at Winfield and I can't think of any way the experience could have been better. The teachers have been attentive and wonderful. The principal is an extraordinary woman with heart and incredible knowledge. The staff she leads is exemplary. I feel confident my daughter has received the best possible elementary education in this school and she has a firm foundation for her additional years of education.

Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter attends Winfield Elementary School. I have to say that I love this school. The teachers are awesome and go out of their way to make sure that the students enjoying learning. The office employees are the greatest they make you feel welcome when you visit and go out of their way to be sure that the school is a happy safe place to be. It is a very clean, very friendly place. What my daughter learned this year was far more than I could have imagined, and she loved every minute of it. oh and the principal is amazing, even I want to hug her. : )

Posted October 20, 2007
The Teachers and the nurse at Winfield are outstanding. The Principal is truly the backbone of the school. She displays caring and concern for each and every student. I am proud to say my child goes to winfield elementary.

Posted March 15, 2006
I really love this school. There is a very warm feeling when you walk in the door. The teachers, and staff are very friendly, and helpful. I also enjoy volunteering, because I always have so much fun.

Winfield Elementary School
13128 Montgomery Street, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Winfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Winfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top