PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great environment. The staff is very caring and nurturing to the students. The class sizes offer plenty of one on one with the students.

Wonderful private school and small class size. My two kids attended the school and graduated with excellent foundation. Diligent administration and board members. I love the middle school blog and the science program. If you like your child to be among a diverse group of children and teachers then this is the place. I extend my thanks to the staff there.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teacheruses every opportunity to teache new stuff. They go field trip at the end of the school year to places that correlate with what they teach.

Amount of homework: Agree

Pleased with the amount. Even though sometimes could be less. The quran memorization gets to be a lot when they have tests.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every students have an opportunity to learn above their level. Teacher have a one on one teaching experience because of the small class size.

My children have attended this school since 2010. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that the science education presented to the students in the school is without compare in the area. I understand that in prior years, there was some concern regarding the administration, but that is no longer an issue. The administration is involved, present and always communicating with the parents. The school seems to meet the needs of all students with exception to maybe special needs students. Due to the small class sizes, there doesn't seem to be a lot of extra attention that can be given to these students. The teachers do a great job at trying, from what I've heard, but in the end they still don't have a trained, licensed Special Education teacher to help those students. This school is wonderful and I wouldn't pay tuition to send my child anywhere else.

With this school you never know what's going on. I was not satisfied at all with this school. It's ran by people that do behave islamic values. This school needs big improvement. My child didn't get much technology or science like they get at public schools. For a islamic school they don't provide much islamic schooling.

My child and I love this school! High quality education where the children are exposed to Islamic learning. The school makes an effort to provide students with all sorts of opportunities and learning experiences. Technology is state of the art. I also feel like I am always welcome to partake in my child's learning, which is most important to me. The teachers provide one-on-one instruction and tailor their teaching methods to each student's needs. I am very happy and comfortable with the school environment and setting. Also beautiful building!

My children are doing great at Avicenna. They love the school, and I am very happy with their progress and the school environment. Teachers use new and exciting teaching methods, such as technology in their lessons and the environomobile. The children are challegened and interested. I find it easy to communicate with my child's teacher, too. I am thankful I have found this school for my kids.

My children are very happy and I am very pleased with the school. Teachers are great and are constantly contacting me. Academic experience is wonderful espescailly with the use of the mobi electronic board in class. Best of all the opening of the library this year and use of technology in general. This school has brought up the best manners and Islamic characters within my children. (Thank you teachers and Administrators).

Last modified Avicenna Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-7