Posted May 17, 2013
My children have attended this school since 2010. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that the science education presented to the students in the school is without compare in the area. I understand that in prior years, there was some concern regarding the administration, but that is no longer an issue. The administration is involved, present and always communicating with the parents. The school seems to meet the needs of all students with exception to maybe special needs students. Due to the small class sizes, there doesn't seem to be a lot of extra attention that can be given to these students. The teachers do a great job at trying, from what I've heard, but in the end they still don't have a trained, licensed Special Education teacher to help those students. This school is wonderful and I wouldn't pay tuition to send my child anywhere else.

Avicenna Academy 1

Posted April 21, 2010
With this school you never know what's going on. I was not satisfied at all with this school. It's ran by people that do behave islamic values. This school needs big improvement. My child didn't get much technology or science like they get at public schools. For a islamic school they don't provide much islamic schooling.

Posted February 27, 2010
My child and I love this school! High quality education where the children are exposed to Islamic learning. The school makes an effort to provide students with all sorts of opportunities and learning experiences. Technology is state of the art. I also feel like I am always welcome to partake in my child's learning, which is most important to me. The teachers provide one-on-one instruction and tailor their teaching methods to each student's needs. I am very happy and comfortable with the school environment and setting. Also beautiful building!

Posted February 27, 2010
My children are doing great at Avicenna. They love the school, and I am very happy with their progress and the school environment. Teachers use new and exciting teaching methods, such as technology in their lessons and the environomobile. The children are challegened and interested. I find it easy to communicate with my child's teacher, too. I am thankful I have found this school for my kids.

Posted January 29, 2010
My children are very happy and I am very pleased with the school. Teachers are great and are constantly contacting me. Academic experience is wonderful espescailly with the use of the mobi electronic board in class. Best of all the opening of the library this year and use of technology in general. This school has brought up the best manners and Islamic characters within my children. (Thank you teachers and Administrators).

Posted January 07, 2010
IF you like a family environment ? Then this is the school for you. The teachers treat our kids like their own ( with patients,love and respect).

Posted January 04, 2010
This school doesn't know what they are doing. Parents are not informed about anything! The administration doesn't know how to run a school.

Posted November 04, 2009
My kids love this school. Teachers are great.

Posted August 03, 2009
I was not happy with the organization of the school, pretty chaotic. Teachers and administration also seemed to never know what things were going on and when. Also during the time I went there, Arabic was cut back to twice a week... something most parents were unaware of, or informed of.

Avicenna Academy
9803 Colorado Street, Crown Point, IN  46307
Last modified Avicenna Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Avicenna Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.