Bad
Good

Posted October 17, 2014
This school does not deserve two stars. The environment here is not suitable for learning. The teachers and staff lie about policy's and class routine. I do not know if they are lazy or inadequate, my child learned little to nothing here. It was very difficult to communicate my concerns to the principle since she was never available and never returned my calls. I had several problems with students inappropriate behavior and the fact that the staff did nothing to stop it.

Posted April 11, 2014
I Hate This School With A Passion. The Teachers Are Horrible. The Whole School Need To Be Shut Down.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2012
My first year experience with Lincoln wasnt so great. However, with certain staff changes, I have been more than pleased this year with my sons reports and progress. The parents that I've come in contact with have been most helpful. I was pretty upset last year when I tried to contact the principal and was not able to speak or connect directly with her, either over the phone or via e mail. I found this to be very upsetting. Overall, I wish I had more time, so I can volunteer and be more hands on.

Posted May 30, 2006
I see no reason why substitute teachers have to teach a class for the whole school year. They have no learning degrees unless you call using our kids as a stepping stonefor their hours. Lincoln Elem. isnt for my child. My child will be at a charter school.wHERE i KNOW THE QUALITY OF LEARNING is based on the teachers knowledge and learning degrees instead of 60 hours n anything (ceramics, criminology, sociology etc) My child teachers training will be based on knowing how to teach and relate to kids.

Posted March 21, 2006
I have been a parent of this school for 5 years. The only reason why I am still a parent here is because we are in the school district. The office staff is horrible and the principle is even worse. I do thank God for the teachers my daughter has had. I can say they were friendly and helpful. I am a well known active parent in the school, as well as in my children's lives. I believe that the principle only cares about making her job easier for her. She, in my opinion, does not care two flies about the childern or thier education. I, to this day, do not understand why gym, music, art classes, and teachers were removed from the the primer schools. The schools are not giving our childern anything to look forward to, neither is the city of East Chicago.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
2001 East 135th Street, East Chicago, IN  46312
Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.