Bad
Good

Harrison its a great school. I have seen it progressed for the last 2 yrs. I think still work in progress and its getting there. One thing I would suggest is that after classes are done it should be some kind of police inforcement aroung the school with all those parents that pick up their kids and don't follow the street sign and stops.

Harrison elementary is a very nice school. I have good comunications with my 2 son's teachers and it is Ok. However I beleive there should be a little more as far as to Physical education, I don't hear much of this and also more 'homework' for my fifth grader he really doesn't bring much to the house and although he is in special ed I beleive he can bring more to the house for me to sit and help him more at home. Front service is not so great!

I believe Harrison Elementary School was an excellent school! Over the last three years I have seen many necessary changes. My children were in a structured learning environment and challenged to think. The principal was involved with the students and encouraged them to succeed. Many of the teachers took time to develop personal relationships with the children. The Parent Liaison was always offering opportunities for parents to become involved. Harrison was a great school and certainly hope it remains that way.

The school's primary focus seems to be discipline. Little emphasis is given to positive reinforcement, and academics. My sixth grade student who can read a novel in a day was subjected to pointing at words as she read, and was punished when she did not want to do it. The teachers are ill-equipped in child develop and how to teach age appropiately, and though the principal works hard to keep things in 'order' not much is being done in the way of academics...

in the three years my child went to Harrison the last year was the only year I had major issues with the school. there are no art, music or good gym classes. His first two years however were good in that the teachers wanted parent involvement. The academics need some help there's not enough physical ed. they have no PTA I tried to help start one they told me teachers first. I never got another word about it no matter how much I inquired. I'll have to leave Harrison soon.

Last modified Benjamin Harrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.