Posted June 17, 2013
Concord South-Side is an OK school. I have 2 that go TO the school and one that is in the head start program there. I LOVE the head start teachers and think they do a phenomenal job with the children. One thing I'm not to fond of is the lack of parent/teacher communication. But after I said something to the teachers they have really stepped that up. (at least with me) LOVE the fact that the nurse AND the counselor have given me the courtesy of a phone call when there has been an issue. Over-all I love Concord ELEMENTARY school! (the jr high is another story!)

Concord South Side Elementary School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
I am a parent of a 3rd grader. My son teacher is Mrs. Garritson she is a wonderful teacher that goes above and beyond her job to make sure the children are learning and feeling loved. may god always bless her!!!

Posted February 02, 2010
I am the Grandmother of a fifth grader and first grader. They love Concord South Side; that says something for the staff as a whole. They also have an excellent bus driver that does the CR28 route; she inspires them with her caring attitude in the mornings and evenings. Go Concord South Side.

Concord South Side Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2009
This school has a lot of staff issues. That cant get past color barriers. Concord schools as a whole did not have the over populated minorities 10yrs. ago and now the staff doesnt know how to teach them. They make all the excuses in the world why these students become problems to the class, when its the teachers fault for not taking the time or patience. This is why the school was on probation. The minorities are being over looked! The staff as a whole failed in my eyes

Concord South Side Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2007
My son has ADHD and Pervasive Developmental Disorder. They have done a good job meeting his emotional and academic needs

Posted July 18, 2006
My son has gone to South Side since Kind. and has had a wonderful experience. He is advanced in math and reading and has been encouraged to read higher level books with their reading program .This year he is going into the 4th grade and will be pulled out for advanced math teaching. My son also has some special needs due to ADHD and sensory integration problems. He is in the bridges progrem for SI needs even though he does not have an IEP. They have even followed some of my suggestions that have worked well at home to integrate into the classroom even without an IEP. The music programs are very impressive especially the christmas program for the 2nd, 4th, and 6th grade. I atttended Catholic schools in Indy for 12 years and rate this school along with Jr/SR High in the same league.

Posted August 02, 2004
Concord South Side is not a bad school. Two of my nieces have gone there from K-6 and I still have 3 nieces and 1 nephew there now. The teachers are all friendly and willing to help parents with whatever information they need to help students be more successful. I worked there as a 6th grade paraprofessional for 5 months. I'm sure if there is ever a problem someone is more than willing to help. I had the opportunity to meet most of the teachers and those who I talked to have a great focus on where they want their students to be by certain times of the year. They offer great assistance programs like bridge, happy day club, and extra tutoring to help students who are still in need throughout the year. The principal and the assistant principal are very nice ladies who help in any way they can.

Concord South Side Elementary School 1

Posted June 14, 2004
This school has been my worst nightmare. The teachers only care about their paycheck. The Assistant Principal could care less about what is best for the kids - only what the teachers want. The office is very disorganized - my book rental was lost twice. The Cafeteria Staff is great but they seem to be the only ones that care. Out of 12 teachers I dealt with, only 2 care about the kids. The principal is only counting her time til retirement. No wonder this has been a failing school. Now they only concentrate on the failing students and all other students are left behind. The gifted student program is a joke!!!

Posted March 10, 2004
South Side is a fabulous school!! My son is in first grade and loves his teacher, bus driver, cafeteria workers...everyone. His teacher has been great about keeping good communication, between herself and the parents. The ladies in the office (including the nurse) are always so friendly. I could go on and on...Because there has never been an issue or bad experience in the past two years my son has been there. And he's learning so much so quickly. What more could anyone want? This is a wonderful school!

Concord South Side Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2003

Concord South Side Elementary School
23702 Arlene Avenue, Elkhart, IN  46517
Last modified Concord South Side Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Concord South Side Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top