Bad
Good

Northern Indiana's secret... This school is ranked 11th in the state for preparing students for college. The school' s economic makeup, low & high with almost no middle, is one reason many incoming families tend to overlook Central HS. My three kids had many opportunities in sports, fine arts, and academic selections. 2 went to Syracuse University and another went to Northwestern University. Sometimes you have to visit the school and not listen to people who never did!

This school was pretty awesome, i had an awesome time in there with teachers that make you want to learn and focus on your grades.....and also i LOOVVVVEEE the track team

My child is having a wonderful experience at this school and is fortunate to have made many nice friends. There are so many activities available for students including those in music and athletics, as well as social events and academic related opportunities. But what sets this school apart is the pride the students have in each of those areas. The school does a great job recognizing achievement as well as the need for remediation. The administration maintains good order. Opportunities abound.

This is a great school with a dedicated staff and fantastic administrative team. The school population consists of kids from the highest achievers to the lowest, barely speaking English. Parents will find a receptive partner in their students education here.

We have had several children at Central High School and we are glad they went there. Students who are serious about learning can get a top-notch education here. Central offers more AP classes than any high school in this area, and a great variety of honors classes. Each graduating class has a good number of students who are awarded generous academic scholarships (some of them full, 4-year scholarships) to many well-respected universities across the country. Motivated students who graduate from Central do well at college not only because of their focus and determination, but also because they have been well prepared academically. We chose to live in the Central school district and we believe that Central provides high quality academic instruction to students at all levels.

This school is a great school if you are one of the parents who has alot of money. If you need help or are not connected it is a nightmare. The children are treated badly and there is no supervision. My son left the school when ever he wanted to. There are many open doors that are not supervised. I know of many fights that are not reported and the students smoke while standing outside of the school.

I am a parent of a sophmore boy who has ADHD. I am truly impressed by the support and understanding of my son's counselor and several teachers. I really feel they want him to be successful and the communication from most teachers has been awesome. I have 2 more children soon to be Blazers and I can't wait !

I attended Elkhart Central High School For about half a year and loved it there. The teachers are willing to help, the counselors listen to your concerns, and the students are some of the best I know.

I am a senior at Central and I have to be honest--I am counting down the days to get out of there. It's not a bad school, don't get me wrong. There are a large variety of classes to choose from, many AP and Honors courses, and great musical and technology classes. The teachers are all pretty much great and will definitely prepare you for college, as long as you pay attention and work hard in class. They won't babysit you. The one main reason I cannot wait to leave is the abundance of students who don't care about school and are only there because the law says they have to be. I'm getting tired of seeing and hearing all of the petty and immature conversations in the hallways and seeing useless fights. If the students don't care, then don't let them waste our time.

Great academics... my son was accepted to many of the top universities.

Last modified Elkhart Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.