Elkhart Central High School 5

Posted July 21, 2014
The school s staff went out of their way many times to help my children and never ran out of praise for each child. If your child is college bound you must have them attend Elkhart Central. Rated #11 by the Indiana Department of Education for preparing students for college is right on the mark. They were academically challenged, participated in state renowned band and orchestra programs AND played sports. Three of my children graduated from this school and had no problems being accepted into the nation s top universities. To mention a few of these colleges you ll find Cornell University, University of Notre Dame, Syracuse University and Northwestern University.

Posted May 14, 2013
This school was pretty awesome, i had an awesome time in there with teachers that make you want to learn and focus on your grades.....and also i LOOVVVVEEE the track team

Posted April 17, 2009
My child is having a wonderful experience at this school and is fortunate to have made many nice friends. There are so many activities available for students including those in music and athletics, as well as social events and academic related opportunities. But what sets this school apart is the pride the students have in each of those areas. The school does a great job recognizing achievement as well as the need for remediation. The administration maintains good order. Opportunities abound.

Posted November 06, 2008
This is a great school with a dedicated staff and fantastic administrative team. The school population consists of kids from the highest achievers to the lowest, barely speaking English. Parents will find a receptive partner in their students education here.

Posted November 06, 2008
We have had several children at Central High School and we are glad they went there. Students who are serious about learning can get a top-notch education here. Central offers more AP classes than any high school in this area, and a great variety of honors classes. Each graduating class has a good number of students who are awarded generous academic scholarships (some of them full, 4-year scholarships) to many well-respected universities across the country. Motivated students who graduate from Central do well at college not only because of their focus and determination, but also because they have been well prepared academically. We chose to live in the Central school district and we believe that Central provides high quality academic instruction to students at all levels.

Elkhart Central High School 1

Posted October 10, 2008
This school is a great school if you are one of the parents who has alot of money. If you need help or are not connected it is a nightmare. The children are treated badly and there is no supervision. My son left the school when ever he wanted to. There are many open doors that are not supervised. I know of many fights that are not reported and the students smoke while standing outside of the school.

Posted October 09, 2008
I am a parent of a sophmore boy who has ADHD. I am truly impressed by the support and understanding of my son's counselor and several teachers. I really feel they want him to be successful and the communication from most teachers has been awesome. I have 2 more children soon to be Blazers and I can't wait !

Posted April 29, 2008
I attended Elkhart Central High School For about half a year and loved it there. The teachers are willing to help, the counselors listen to your concerns, and the students are some of the best I know.

Elkhart Central High School 3

Posted October 18, 2007
I am a senior at Central and I have to be honest--I am counting down the days to get out of there. It's not a bad school, don't get me wrong. There are a large variety of classes to choose from, many AP and Honors courses, and great musical and technology classes. The teachers are all pretty much great and will definitely prepare you for college, as long as you pay attention and work hard in class. They won't babysit you. The one main reason I cannot wait to leave is the abundance of students who don't care about school and are only there because the law says they have to be. I'm getting tired of seeing and hearing all of the petty and immature conversations in the hallways and seeing useless fights. If the students don't care, then don't let them waste our time.

Elkhart Central High School 5

Posted September 11, 2007
Great academics... my son was accepted to many of the top universities.

Elkhart Central High School
1 Blazer Boulevard, Elkhart, IN  46516
Last modified Elkhart Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkhart Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.