Posted December 18, 2006
Great kids, great staff, great parents - all around a great community school.

Posted April 11, 2006
This is an excellent school with teacher and parental involvement. If a child has any difficulties, the school not only will react to it, they will plan with the parent on how to alleviate it. My son is too young to participate in extra-curricular activities, but academically, I am very, very pleased with the school.

Posted August 24, 2005
I am so impressed with the parent involvement at this school. Also, the teachers are top notch.

Posted May 09, 2005
I think Riverview is the Best school in Elkhart Community. I have two kids that go there and one of them is about to graduate 6th grade. They love it there. The PTO should get an award for being there to help us when needed. They did a great job. My kids were in sports and one of them played volleyball and we were in third place for the tornament, which was, WOW! Another one of my kids played basketball and they did an awesome job. Their coach said that this was the best year yet! I heard that in soccer we played a hard team but didn't make it. But we were runner up. I thought Riverview is the best school because of all the things our school accomplish. Even though our school may be the smallest school in Elkhart Community, doesn't mean we can't play hard and almost win.

Riverview Elementary School 0

Posted February 19, 2005
I am very pleased with my childrens experience at Riverview. I have two children currently and one student that attended from k-6. The dynamics of our neighborhood is changing and that change can be seen in the type of families and students attending. We have a new principal this year who is a wonderful leader and who is making positive changes that will affect our students overall learning experience. Most of the teachers are very good and we have a top notch PTO. There could be better opprotunites for extracurriclar activites though. My hope is that they will make teachers accountable for the test results. The quality of our academic programs keep improving. I would have to say Riverview is one of the best elementary schools in elkhart. With support of our new principal I think Riverview will keep improving.

Riverview Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2004
I was told when my children started attending this school in 1996 that it was one of the best schools in the Elkhart Community School System. I am very disappointed. I have had some very great teachers with my three children in the past 8 years, but, I have also had many teachers that I thought had no right teaching. And miraculously, 3 of the teachers my children have been stuck with have left after the school year that they had one of my children. There is a lot of parent activity at this school. That is a wonderful thing. I can also say that the majority of the children that I have come to know from this school come from great families and are good kids. If you are planning on sending your child to this school, and he/she is not a PEP student, be prepared to have to be at the school often to fight for your childs rights and learning experience. There is not much there for children that struggle. I have been given the idea that they are too much trouble and the staff does not have time to spend on individual children. It's such a shame!

Riverview Elementary School
2509 Wood Street, Elkhart, IN  46516
Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.