No rating

Jimtown Elementary School

Public | K-2 | 459 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 16, 2014

The principal, school nurse, and my son's teacher were all very helpful when my son was struggling in the classroom. They had open communication with me and I did not hesitate to write or call them with questions.

Posted November 2, 2011

I think Jimtown is a great school community, the teachers are just great, I graduated from Jimtown and now have a 5 year old enrolled there, they are very encouraging to your child especially when they see him excelling in something.

Posted September 19, 2007

I have children and nieces that go their and the teachers go out of there way to make sure they know the parents. There was a day that I had to go in and it was a few months into my sons first year the principal knew who I was talking about and I never told him what my sons name was.This really impressed me because growing up the principal of the school I went to never knew my name and I went to the same school for the whole time I was in elementry.The teachers there no matter what grade your child is in they know who he or she is!There is no way I would ever transfer my children anywhere else....

Posted January 7, 2005

I have had the opportunity to interact with many of the schools in the Michiana area and I can truly say that Jimtown Schools are some of the best. The people in the community are very involved in all of the activities of the school as are the staff. The caliber of people working in the Baugo School Corporation are some of the finest that you will find with solid educations, upstanding moral character and a true love and concern for all students who go there. I can not think of a finer school in the area for my children to attend. Many of the teachers at Jimtown South spend countless personal hours , time and money to prepare for and work towards the educational excellence of their students .

Posted August 26, 2003

An outstanding school where student learning is the number one goal. Students are treated with respect and dignity. A terrific choice for your children. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to attend and participate in their child's education. I recommend that you call for further information, or better yet, stop in and see for yourself.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 10, 2003

We find the school and the community to be very 'clickish'. It's a who knows whom community which unfortunately carries over into the school system. Dealings with the elementary principal have all been a listening situation with no resolvement. The principal expresses parent involvement yet when parents do get involved the door is slammed in their. Even with issues pertaining to bus incidents that my child has experienced all listening but no action. Bus drivers do not have control of their buses. The Academic test scores in the Baugo School systems are the lowest in the county. A lot of emphasis is put on the football program and summer little leaque. Extracurricular activities offered are slim and not educationally based. If we could do it again, we would look deeper into the school before placing our children.

Posted August 1, 2003

I think this school is improving as far as acedemics, but the elementary principal was not a good choice, he isnt a fair person and has his picks which should not be allowed, all kids should be created the same not if your friends with the parents or if the child is well dressed, all kids should be treated the same but at Jimtown elementary thats not the case.

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".

Indiana uses the A through F School Grading System to assess the overall performance of a school. For the 2011-2012 school year, schools were graded based on performance and participation levels in state standardized tests and student growth using the Indiana Growth Model. In addition, high schools were graded on four-year (on-time) graduation rates and college and career readiness indicators including Advanced Placment exam results and industry certification exam results.

Source: Indiana Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Multiracial 7% 4%

• Mr Jeff Deak
Fax number
  • (574) 522-3899

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now