Posted March 07, 2012
I do have to say that this school puts a lot of money into the football team. The choir has to be self funded and so does the band. But I wouldn't trade my experience here for nothing. I have mostly great teachers and some not so great teachers but all balance each other out, I know who to talk to if I need help and the teachers that are there to help actually take the time to talk to you. My only big complaint is that when you go to the office there's only one nice lady in there, the nurse is half decent and I've never taken the time to talk to the consulors. Overall though Jimtown is better than a lot of schools in the area.

Posted October 21, 2011
Mr. Dean and Mr. Ziegler are the best Principal's (and people) that I have ever been around. The school truly works very hard to make the place a great place for kids to grow up. Sure...like any school there are some teachers that are not the greatest, but if you do your work, and care you will do great and go far.

Jimtown High School 3

Posted January 22, 2011
We decided to come to Jimtown to get away from the So. Bend Schools. The first few years were pretty good in the Intermediate and Jr. High but when my kids got to the High School it was a different story. Sure, it has a small town feel, but unless you have a kid in sports or you grew up in Jimtown you are an outcast. As far as the teachers they are pretty good. There are a few teachers that need to retire because they don't really care about the kids anymore. It is well known who these teachers are and ALL the parents complain about them but nothing is never done. The principal is a nice guy but really doesn't have any backbone to get things done. As far as the High School students there is a lot of drinking and smoking going on even with the athletes so that is pretty disappointing. My kids liked the school when we first got here because there was so much violence at the South Bend Schools. I have a child graduating this year and my other child wants to transfer to another school next year.

Posted January 10, 2011
This school is by no means the best school. But it is the best your going to find in the metropolitan area. This school is tucked under elkhart community, north ridge, concord, Penn, & Mishawaka. But at these schools, you become what no student wants to be... A NUMBER! At jimtown, teachers actually know who you are. will work with your kids, if your kids will meet them half way, and the students are usually friendly. You arent a number, YOU HAVE A NAME, and are known by it. You have to be carefull though, just like any school, there is drama. And some of our teachers, who are coaches, are really only here for their coaching positions. They are still solid enough at their teaching positions. Athletically, we have multiple championships, and our teams are regularly state contenders. at least conference champions. I would advise any parent to consider this school as the school of their child.

Posted October 13, 2010
i tried this school at the beginning of my freshman year and i transfered to concord highschool for my sophmore year and my grades had decreased significantly....the algerbra class i had at jimtown had helped me so much i was thinking about taking my first hornors class but like i said i had transfered and when i did....lets just say i had to do merit (a credit recovery school) for the rest of my sophmore year

Jimtown High School 2

Posted June 23, 2010
I like the school because it is small enough that I can name every person in my grade AND actually know them a bit where at bigger schools some students won't meet each other until they have their graduation. But, unfortunately, the school pays next to no attention to anything EXCEPT sports(and all the sports are nothing compared to football). The academics at our school are something to laugh at. Those few students who are smart enough to do well in life suffer horribly when the school refuses to pay for things such as transportation to academic competitions, but jump at the chance to get the football team somewhere. Don't get me wrong I love that our school loves sports and and puts a lot of emphasis on them, BUT we need to put the same emphasis on academics.

Posted March 28, 2008
I love going to Jimtown the sports are amazing!!!! the teachers do their personal best, they give 110% on bad days and on good days it's even better!

Posted December 04, 2007
Im a 2007 alumni. I'm glad I didn't go to any other area school. The athletic experience of going to Jimtown was amazing, and the jimtown community itself a great place to grow up in. We never had a problem with drugs or fights, and the academic programs did a great job of preparing me for college. They did a great job!

Posted October 19, 2007
I have two students at Jimtown schools and it has been nothing but a great experience. We have a very low amount of behavioral issues which is so very important to raising children in today's world! Go Jimtown staff! You are doing a wonderful job with the variety of students & parents you work with on a daily basis! My children are successful in part because of their parents, in part because of themselves, and in part because of you! Thank You!

Jimtown High School 3

Posted October 17, 2007
- a former student
I graduated from Jimtown five years ago. I was only impressed with a handful of teachers who helped you strive to make something of yourself in life. Other than that, probably half of the teachers didn't care much about the growth of their students, some of which were coaches of the various sports teams, so sometimes it seemed like they were merely teaching a class so they could be a coach. Higher emphasis was given on sports than academics to several teachers.

Contact Information

59021 County Road 3
Elkhart, IN 46517

School website

Jimtown High School
59021 County Road 3, Elkhart, IN  46517
Last modified Jimtown High School is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jimtown High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.