Eminence Jr-Sr High School 4

Posted May 30, 2014
I love our community school. So proud that 87% of voters on May 6 decided that it was important to keep our doors open. That's the highest percentage of "yes" votes on a school referendum in Indiana history. The small size and caring spirit of the teachers and administrators has created a wonderful learning environment for my child. The teachers and administration are truly invested in her learning. Eminence Schools are indeed the heart of our community.

Posted May 29, 2014
Super school that is continuing to improve. It is like a private school in a public school setting. Small class sizes, great student teacher ratio, and personal attention to children.

Posted December 18, 2013
This is a great school to send your children. Smaller schools allow for more one on one work between students & teachers. The staff and administration are prompt to reply to parents questions &/or problems. The school is improving classes offered, including AP courses. The Agriculture courses are some of the best in the area with a very good FFA supporting it.

Posted December 16, 2013
Eminence is a great school because it is a bit smaller. The students get hands on experiences with more one on one attention than most of the larger schools offer. The safety of the students is covered because of the teacher to student ratio. I moved my children here from a larger school and I do not regret it for a moment.

Posted November 21, 2013
This school is a great place to be! It may be small but it is truly a good place to learn! People underestimate us because this school is small! I love being a student here! I like that I know everyone!

Posted November 21, 2013
This school is great! I really like that I know everyone. I'm getting a great education here. I've been an honor student the entire time I've went here. I really don't think it's the schools teaching ways for failing students but the students themselves. Some just don't ate and they don't turn in assignments. This school is wonderful and you make great friends that you can see everyday rather then going to a big school. I really dread leaving this school..

Posted September 17, 2013
Very small school setting which is one of the strengths of this place. They say, "Eminence is a great place to learn!" I truly believe it is a great place for children to learn. Great children, great teachers, and a great atmosphere!

Eminence Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted July 29, 2009
Both of my kids have excelled at this school. While the school is small and does not have all of the extra sports and the government funding that the larger schools have the students can receive more one-on-one. They do not have the fear of being left behind like in the larger schools. I graduated from a larger school and did not receive the extra attention therefore I wouldn't remove my kids from Eminence and put them through that.

Eminence Jr-Sr High School 1

Posted December 05, 2008

Eminence Jr-Sr High School 2

Posted November 17, 2008
Eminence lacks the funding necessary to be a good school. Technology deprivation is definite. The biggest problem, however, is the students who are 'left behind'. Because Eminence is such a small school we stay on a slow pace in order to ensure a full understanding by a large majority of the students. Although this may seem like a good way to learn, the 'gifted' or very successful students are often out of luck. This small school with very little funding leaves little room to refine those skills. There are very little honors programs in this school, leaving the 'faster students', so to speak, entirely bored in their senior English class learning the difference between in a noun and an adjective.

Eminence Jr-Sr High School
6760 North S R 42, Eminence, IN  46125
Last modified Eminence Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eminence Jr-Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top