PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Montessori Academy 1

Posted September 10, 2015
We had a great experience at a Montessori school out of state. The materials & diversity of this school were similar, but the class sizes are too large 1:26. There are assistants, but their turnover is high. Some teachers seem great, but others, not so much. Our daughter had adjustment problems. The teacher responded to our emails & phone calls, but things did not improve. The teacher seemed so overwhelmed. When we spoke to the administrator, she was defensive & almost hostile, even raising her voice. This was shocking, especially considering the collaborative & peaceful environment of our former Montessori school. Our daughter went on to a traditional preschool with a ratio of 1:8 and thrived. We love the Montessori method, but can't recommend this school.

Posted February 04, 2014
Montessori Academy was the best decision I made for my strong willed daughter. We have never considered "preschool" with my older child but felt my daughter needed more stimulation than she was getting at home. The whole program has fueled her love of learning and she is excelling far over my expectations. The teachers help guide her to learning new things and make learning fun for her. She has grown leaps and bounds not only educationally but socially and has developed into quite an independent leader.

Posted September 01, 2013
My daughter just entered her Kindergarten year at Montessori. She has grown so much the past few years. Her teacher has been involved from day one. They are involved in her social as well as academic development. My emails are always returned promptly and any concerns I have had over the years have been addressed. The staff gets to know the children and have been very welcoming and friendly. I can't say enough good things about Montessori and highly recommend the school for anyone looking for a positive, nuturing, and safe environment for their child. No place is perfect, but you can't deny that this is a special place. I got that impression the very first time I scheduled a day to visit...

Montessori Academy 2

Posted May 13, 2013
I was dissatisfied with my experience especially how the administration works and how condescending the director was. Their ratio of teacher: student is 1: 25 with age range of 2 1/2 to 6 year olds; professes individualized teaching but very reluctant to any recommendation depending on which teacher you get. The school selects 8 students for first grade each year and criteria is not based on academics or overall performance of the student but various affirmative actions in place including " parental involvement" and how the school administration will be benefitted in the long run. I liked their methodology and my child was happy there- but you pay high price for a preschool. I can not strongly recommend this school or without any reservation.

Montessori Academy 2

Posted April 07, 2013
Montessori Academy of Evansville: I love the methodology of Montessori. Their materials are wonderful and, as a self motivated learner, my daughter loves working with the tools and learning new lessons. However, you may or may not get a great teacher. For the money you pay, all of the teachers should be superior. Supervision, classroom management and understanding of pedagogy is not this school's strong point. The director of the school seems to be inconsistent in handling these issues as well as parents' issues. I can't wholeheartedly recommend this school.

Posted July 09, 2011
All 3 of my kids attend Montessori, and we all love it. I especially love that the children are allowed to learn at their own pace. My son just finished kindergarten and not only does he read chapter books, he knows tons of geography, and he is even doing multiplication and division! I also adore the elementary teacher, I think he is possibly the best teacher EVER! My only complaint is that after 3rd grade my kids will have to go to another school.

Posted April 04, 2011
I have two children at the Montessori Academy, each with very different personalities, and have been totally impressed with how the school has met each of my children's individual needs. While the academics are superior (one of my children reads chapter books now in Kindergarten), what I love the most is the care and concern for social, emotional, and character development. You can't get this type of quality anywhere else!!

Posted December 06, 2010
Love love love this school for my son. The teachers are great and work closely with the kids. My 4 year old knows more about geography than his 9 year old cousins! They learn sooo much at this school.

Posted November 24, 2010
Excellent school, fabulous teachers, and the staff is great. Three of my 4 kids have gone there for preschool and kindergarten. My 4th kid is there in preschool. It is absolutely the best foundation for early learning. I have seen the benefit of the early learning skills all the way through middle school. All of my kids loved it. And the staff is the perfect blend of effective, efficient, and pleasant to deal with. Actually, I cannot say enough wonderful things about Montessori Academy!

Posted March 29, 2010
amazing school. My daughter has been in this school for 3 years now and have not regretted a single day.

Montessori Academy