Evansville, IN

Benjamin Bosse High School 3

Posted May 26, 2013
BBHS is an OK school. If you are thinking of moving to Evansville, it is probably one of the better high schools in the area. The student body is one of the most diverse that you could find in Indiana. The teachers are not the greatest, but seem to care about helping their students. The only flaw, and it is a big one, that I find with this school is the test grades. Many of the students have very low proficiency in English and therefore do poorly on written exams. The school should do something to improve test scores.

Posted June 29, 2012
I recently visited my alma mater, and am so proud that this beautiful building has been so well taken care of! In an era of moving out of old brick schools and building suburban replacements, this school still stands as regally as ever. All renovations have been done with thoughtful attention to form, function and maintaining the architectural integrity of the original structure. (Although carpet now covers the marble & granite halls.) I grew up in this neighborhood, and spent many hours playing on the campus - around the building and Enlow field. The neighborhood may be gone, now. But, the fond memories remain. this is truly one of the most beautiful schools in the country. Go Bulldogs!

Posted September 16, 2009
I went there and my son went there. It changed a lot, for the better actually. They teach, but there is also time for fun. .

Posted October 30, 2008
People think of Bosse as a 'bad school', but no one knows what really happens in the school. Bosse is great and I refuse to transfer! I love Bosse!

Benjamin Bosse High School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
I am currently a student at Bosse High School.I have ad my ups and downs at Bosse the four years I have been there.Sometimes it is hard 2 get any body to listen to you but then other times they help you.I am not saying it is a bad school but they have had their problems to. Thankyou for listening. Submmited by a student

Posted October 08, 2007

Posted June 17, 2007
Bosse is one of the greatest schools I've ever gone to! They always seem to report the bad things about our school, but the teachers are great, and very helpful. And the staff is always so kind. I've yet to meet anyone at Bosse who is a bad person. We offer the IB program, which is very special, and we win all kinds of awards for academics. We have so many trophies they don't even fit in the display cases, and the halls are always very clean. No one who spends a day at bosse can say anything bad about it.

Posted February 02, 2006
I am currently a student at bosse high school and i know alot of people have bad things to say about bosse. I think that it is a really good school. It isnt bad like everyone makes it out to be. I wouldnt choose to go to any other school

Benjamin Bosse High School 2

Posted October 23, 2005
- a former student
Bosse was the worst school I attended in Evansville. Day after day I saw things that made me ashamed to be a student there. The honors classes have some good teachers such as Mr.Denton or Mrs.Hays. Truly a horrible place to get an education in my opinion.

Posted September 13, 2004
- a former student
Bosse is by far the best high school in the city. The student teacher relationship is second to none and the staff really cares about it's students. Robert W. Adams is the only principal I know who knows every student at his school, regardless of what activities they are in. There are some who don't participate in extracurricular activities at all, but he knows you. So often one only hears of the bad things at Bosse. I'm hear to say from personal experience those were the best four years of my life and I would not have wanted to go anywhere else.

Benjamin Bosse High School
1300 Washington Avenue, Evansville, IN  47714
Last modified Benjamin Bosse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Bosse High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top