Posted May 08, 2014
I was a long term substitute at Evans. I didn't really know what to think when I was asked to take the position. The staff made me feel very welcome. All the teachers, administration, and staff members are amazing! The last day of school I was really sad the position wasn't open as a full time position. I'd gladly work at Evans and the awesome students and staff again!

Posted April 30, 2014
This school is making remarkable improvements. The EVSC administration, the school`s principal and staff are committed to this school. Unfortunately, this school has a lot of children who suffer from poverty and disinterested parents. Because of these issues it will take some patience before the test scores and behavioral issues show vast improvement, but do not underestimate this fine school.

Evans School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
Evans!!! What else can I say? We had two kids in this school for 1 1/2 years. Now we are home schooling our kids. Beware of this school. When the good teachers and good students are leaving in droves there is something wrong. I would also like to thank EVSC for denying my request for a school transfer for my kids. Hoosier Academy home school is working out GREAT. It took us 2 months just to get caught back up with the home school kids. They provided my kids with a computer and all of the study material. 10 times better than anything the Evansville Public Schools have to offer. Don't put your kids in Evans if you can help it! The kids that are left are wild and the teachers have no control! It is a very bad learning environment. Behavior on the bus is even worse. STAY AWAY for your kids best interest.

Posted April 22, 2013
this is my school i cant believe we only got 2 out of 10 thats cray cary

Evans School 4

Posted September 25, 2012
I would like to know why a teacher isn't doing anything when my grandaugther is being bullied by another child .I thought the schools were not going to allow this to happen. this occured twice in 1 day on9/24/12 my daugther is going to take her out of after school activitys because this is unfair to the childern that are to small to defend them selves please let me know you can contact me at home or on my cell 425-5054 (home) 499-9867 (cell) thank you a concerned grandparent.

Evans School 2

Posted May 31, 2012
The school is on the cutting edge for technology and I have no problems with the teachers. However, there are a lot of problems with the students which, I believe, leads to a less than optimal learning atmosphere and overwhelmed teachers.

Posted December 12, 2009
Our school is undergoing a lot of positive changes. Come check us out!

Evans School 1

Posted April 17, 2009
Children are very unruly and the environment makes it difficult for satisfactory learning to occur. Seems to be no consequences for those students who do not follow the rules.

Posted August 26, 2008
This school is a progressive neighborhood school. The principal is super positive and the teachers are wonderful. The principal says her school is the best kept secret in the city and I have come to believe it. Our children simply love this school!

Posted February 25, 2006

Evans School
2727 North Evans Avenue, Evansville, IN  47711
Last modified Evans School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evans School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.