Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I'm proud to be a North Husky parent, Great staff and a good group of kids.

Develops character: Agree

I have heard some cussing among teachers in front of students. Even in a correction format, one teacher was overly explicit and did not set a good example. Not impressed. Most teachers are otherwise exceptional and extremely caring. They go above an beyond. This is one issue that needs to be looked in to.

I graduated from North in 1961. At the time, it was one of the most progressive high schools in the nation. If I'm not mistaken, we were the first high school to use educational television as part of our classes. The choral and band and orchestra programs were the best around under the direction of Jerry Hoover (choral) and Bernell (?) Smith (Smitty). One of the highlights of the year were broadway plays including original costumes and music scores. All the teachers were highly proficient as was the administration staff. You knew where you stood and all students were treated the same. I don't know what may have changed since 1961, but when I was a student there I would not have imagined anyone having a negative comment about the school or the staff. All I can say is, "Go, Huskies and hold your heads up high! James Dalton Culpepper.

I work at this school as a sub. It is a beautiful school and the kids and teachers are great. If you want to grow and thrive as a student, this is the place.

I am a parent of 3 North High Students. I love this school! The teachers have been helpful and are interested in seeing my children succeed. The choir director is an amazing lady who is talented at carrying on the tradition of superb choral groups at North. The athletic programs (at least golf and tennis) focus on teaching life skills in addition to the sport and also focus on excellence. The principal is wonderful to work with regarding any problem, and he is very involved attending most student events. On any given weekend, you may find him in one city for a golf match and then in another for a choral event in the afternoon. The staff is pleasant and friendly. I am surprised by the low score on this website, and I don't feel it accurately depicts the quality of North High School. If you are moving into the area, please visit North to consider it.

I'm very disappointed that my children have to leave the house @ 6:20 a.m. In order to get to school and get home @ 3:42p.m. I still don't understand why they have to go to school so far away. They loose sleep and have less time to do homework. I don't feel like they get the proper support from teachers while they are there. Not to mention it is a 22 mile round trip if I have to pick my child up for doctor appointments or if I have to pick one up whose gotten sick. Moving North High School and North Jr High wasn't thought out very well for the students and their families.

North High School has been a great disappointment. There are some great teachers who care and are exceptional. But most teachers settle for mediocrity. There are a few teachers who are very destructive to teachers. The principal seems to be intimidated by those teachers and gives them free reign. It is not a good place to have a student attend.

I attended this school until 2004. The quality of this school used to great and considered one of the best high schools in Evansville. However, it has continually gone down hill over the past few years. The quality of academics is very poor. While the school does offer some AP courses almost every science class offered at the school is a joke; every student receives an A or B regardless of their work in their science course. Some teachers are very good but many continue to retire every year. The newer, younger teachers let students become lazy and assignments aren't challenging. The vocal music program is great and the musicals put on by the school are always very good. However, the instrumental program is also a joke, especially the orchestra.

Last modified North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.