Evansville, IN

Thompkins Middle School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
This school is all about politics, who your parents are connected to and how much money you have. Some of the teachers are amazing, but most seem more caught up in the social hierarchy of the students than the actul students. I hated going there because my family didn't have money and I never had the "right clothes". I was constantly bullied by other students and especially one teacher, nobody did anything about it. I told the counselor and was told to "suck it up", that everybody to had deal with this stuff at some point. I will not send my kids there. They didn't treat children equally when I was there and from I've heard from parents and students that go there now it's the same way.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 14, 2010

Thompkins Middle School 0

Posted November 27, 2009
actully that iant a bad schol i really injoy myself there i the teacher r very grete there

Posted December 16, 2008
This is the best possible school to send your child to. The principle is amazing. I love seeing him in the hallway and he calls me by my correct name. :] People may say that the asisstant principle is mean, but that's a lie. If she's mean because you've done something, you probably deserve it. She's perfectly nice when you do what you're supposed to do. The teachers are great. They could be more hands on, but other than that, I still learn a lot. I feel that I have a bright future ahead of me with the help of Thompkin's amazing education.

Posted August 29, 2008
Thomkins is the best middle school out there!!!! The principal is the best he remembers every ones name and is nice. The vice principal is the harsh one, if you get on her bad side then i feal bad for you, if u do what your supposed to your fine. The teacher are the best they puch every one to be there best, they may seem like there pushing to herd, but there not they have the next generation in mind. There strict on the rules but thats beacuse they have to be. Best school to send ur kids to by far!!!!

Posted December 02, 2007

Thompkins Middle School 1

Posted September 11, 2007

Thompkins Middle School 3

Posted April 25, 2006
We moved from a great school district in michigan to the evsc. Book rental? These books are old. Teachers at thompkins seem to be pretty hands off, unless pushed by parents. There are a lot of new-young teachers in thompkins. The principle does a great job. The assistant (mrs carter) seems to be the tough one. She was very strict with our daughter, no understanding of teenager stuff in middle school just detention after detention. If you're coming from out of town: everything in evsc costs extra- books, art, music, etc. This school is a middle of the road quality school in my book.

Posted February 19, 2005
My son has been at Thompkins for 2 years now. It is a very good school. The teachers work very well with the parents to make sure the child is doing what's expected. If a situation comes up at home and the child misses or is under stress, the they do everything they can to help that child catch up. They're very understanding and have big hearts. My son has mentioned that some teachers get upset when kids aren't doing what they're supposed to be. Like goofing off in class. But to me that's normal to be upset. As long as they're now being abusive and they're not. The office staff is wonderful. Alway's willing to help with anything needed. I will send my other two children there and feel very comfortable that they're geeting the best education possible.

Posted February 12, 2005
It is my belief that Thompkins Middle School is a good school. They do enforce the EVSC School Rules, even though they may not be constitutional. The instructors know how to teach and how to teach well, and the ISTEP results prove that. The Principal is a great person as is the assistant principal. Awful words float around the halls of this school about teachers and administration. I tell you that these words are lies. The teachers, staff, everyone involved in making this school an excellent learning environment are excellent people. If it were a choice between this school and a school on a worse side of town, I would most certainly choose this school. Good luck with any decision you may be making. I'm sure that when your child steps foot in this school, they will most certainly be exposed to the best education possible in town.

Thompkins Middle School
1300 West Mill Road, Evansville, IN  47710
Last modified Thompkins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompkins Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top