Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school is the BIGGEST joke & judgemental school I know. They have a certain "athletic" handbook but it's not published online or anywhere anyone can access it. It depends on who your child is as to their punishment. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND choosing ANOTHER school. They are discrimination BAD!!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are more effective teachers there than not, which is a change from years gone by. Some of those who are not, are not because of their choice and their alliance with the union representative.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is, fortunately, never too much homework. The community has a lot of sporting activities and that helps.

Develops character: Neutral

I cannot answer this honestly, as I am not in the school. From what I hear students talking about, there are a handful of teachers who do not demonstrate those qualities.

This school has a lot of potential. A new auto mechanics and agriculture classes, technology classes, partnering with local colleges, small class sizes, a successful tutorial period, and students who care about one another and who are very welcoming. The only drawback, aside from the lack of quicker growth due to State funding, is the mindset of some teachers, along with their union representative, who appears to be the root of most of the discord within the school and teachers. Once that individual leaves, brighter, school spirit-filled days will be ahead of the students and remaining faculty.

Overall, North Central is a superb school. Students have diverse choices with regard to academics, and non-academic activiities. Like most schools, I think discipline needs to improve. I would suggest a dress code for all students and make it mandatory that the professional staff dress in business dress only. Casual dress sends a wrong message.

i dont have much to say about this school. I hasd a kid go to this school. if you dont have money then you are stuck out on the other end. I know alot of athletes that didnt getthe reapect they needed. I think if one wins an accomplishment or award on the teams all of them should be regonized. i think Mr. Lowe done a real great job i will miss him alot. I know my child loved him to death and he was always there when i needed him. Thank you Mr. Lowe for everything you did for me. I hope you enjoy your new job. as for the school it could be improved by far.

This was one of the worst school's I ever went to. Between the violence and pointless speeches by the principle and superintendent, I feel that what I learned was lackluster to what I could have if they would have spent more time worrying about our future instead of how they looked to the community. They take all this money and did some of the dumbest things that they think benefit the school but did nothing for the regular student. It really is to bad I had to spend all 4 years of my high school career there.

For students who may not be going to college, I am concerned about my son being trained for work once he graduates. There seems to be very little flexibility in helping him learn but instead he is expected to learn at the same pace as the brighter students, leaving him behind. They have soiclal

this is a good place for us to learn. we have fun and learn at the same time.

Last modified North Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.