Fishers Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
My son attended kindergarten at this school and we were EXTREMELY disappointed in the experience. The Principal does not have children of her own and runs the school in a way that is NO FUN for the kids. The kids were expected to remain completely quiet in the hallways and at lunch. I remember visiting the school and thinking how somber it seemed. My son HATED going to school here. On his first day of school, they wouldn't allow the parents to walk the kids into their classroom and get them situated. He was very nervous and lost and came home saying he hated his new school. His teacher was very young and inexperienced. All of the teachers seemed to live in fear of the principal and were focused on test scores more than their students. Not somewhere I'd want my kids to go to school. Let kids be kids and make school fun for a change. Yuck!!!

Posted July 26, 2013
My son was a student at Fishers Elementary during the 2012-2013 school year. The staff and administration at this school are top notch--truly the best! Everyone from the principal, to the teachers, to the special services staff, to the staff in the cafe are wonderful with the kids and create a caring and child-focused atmosphere. It may not look like much from the outside--but the inside of the school is warm, welcoming, updated & very clean. There are many opportunities for parental involvement both during the school days and after hours & the PTO is active and thriving. Can't say enough--A+ Elementary School!

Posted July 17, 2011
My daughter went to Fishers Elementary until 3rd grade. We then bought a new house in Fishers assuming that all of the schools are great. We now have a little girl that is 18 months and I'm pregnant. We fully plan on moving back to get them in Fishers Elementary because we miss it so much. The principal is strict, but the school runs like a well oiled machine. The teachers are loving and you really get a sense of community. The PTO is second to none. After only 1 year at another Fishers school; I am disappointed that I moved away.

Posted June 04, 2011
The parent who reviewed this school poorly obviously did not stay long and has no idea about the school. There is a ton of parent involvement. There are probably as many parents in the school as staff on some days. We did not have full day K (starts next year) because the state did not fund it until now. However, the students are not any worse for the wear. With such great teachers, staff and parents they have thrived. That is why they are rated a 10 by this site and one of the highest ranked schools in the state. The building may be older, but is very well maintained.

Fishers Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2010
Do not believe the HSE hype about this dud. No full day K, school is pretty run down and frequently got the feeling the principal was a nightmare. The teachers are ok; young. I think the principal drives most of them to leave quickly. ISTEP is the only thing that matters here & it shows. The % of kids that did BETTER than passing on the ISTEP is abysmal. If your child does not ride a bus, WATCH OUT! The "car rider" lines are a lawsuit waiting to happen. Cars pass in the line, pretty much a free-for-all. Parent involvement is zip, maybe since a lot are not staying and live in one of the many apt. complexes feeding into FSE. We moved so our 2 youngest did not have to suffer. You get what your prop. taxes pay for. HSE growing too fast & big to be quality.

Posted February 16, 2009
This is a wonderful school. Although it may be smaller and older than the other Fishers schools, the teachers are top rate. In two years we have not had one concern or complaint. My daughter enjoys the lunches and the playground. I appreciate the great communication between the teacher and parents.

Posted April 19, 2008

Posted August 09, 2006

Fishers Elementary School
11442 Lantern Road, Fishers, IN  46038
Last modified Fishers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fishers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.