Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We chose Fishers, in part, due to the ratings of HSE HS. With two students, we were hopeful this would be a good place for them. We were very disappointed. The teachers and academics were fine. The other students were snobby and elitist. They had no interest in meeting someone new. My kids are outgoing and friendly. They tried over and again to make friends but were slapped down, ignored and looked down upon. It was a miserable year for them both. We are taking them out. If your student is very active in a sport, wealthy or otherwise "in", good. If not, look at a smaller school district. 3500 students. Too large.

The teachers at this school do not care for anyone that is not either an elite scholar, or wealthy. The extra curricular activities they have to offer are great, however, a majority of the students are very "proud" and rude. I would not recommend ever going to this school if you do not meet their exceedingly high standards.

This school does not care for any students who are different and aren't rich and "normal". If you plan on going to this school throw out every ounce of creativity. Buy some "normal" clothes. Would not recommend.

I am very impressed with the concern that the school personal shows for the students.

I attended HSE. I graduated as an above-average student. In general, I think the school helped me prepare for college. As a current college student, I know for a fact that HSE challenged me more than the high schools that some of my other friends attended. Pros: - Great athletic programs. Football and basketball teams are hard-working, even if they don't win. It - Great AP programs and scholastic challenges - a huge assortment of interesting classes for students to choose from. - Teachers that are dedicated to improving students' lives. - Great Fine Arts department - some of the best art teachers you will ever meet. Very dedicated to their program and making art accessible to everyone. - Great performing arts department and theatrical program. They set high standards because they want people who work hard and are actually talented. Cons: - The district seems a little too focused on the athletic teams. - Lunches are terribly unhealthy and there aren't a lot of options for people with any dietary restrictions. In general, I think this was a great school. Send your kid here if you want them to be prepared for college. If they work hard, they will succeed.

Very bad school. Do not send your child here if they are not an outstanding student. They do not care about students that are less than what they think about outstanding.

I have one graduate and one student currently attending HSE High School. This school has so much to offer! There are challenging academic programs with a variety of concentrations, and more AP classes available than at any other school in the area. My oldest transferred in as a sophomore and found many ways to get involved. In particular, the choral music program has been a gift for both of my kids (a boy and a girl). With over 200 students in the program, there is a place for every level of ability. The spotlight in this program is on the kids and on the four shows they put on each year. These shows are so high quality with all the choreography and costumes - truly a joy to watch! They consistently sell out in advance. I've been attending for four years now. The two directors set the bar high for these students, and the students rise to the challenge. The directors lead with integrity and professionalism and create a positive atmosphere for the students. We are lucky to have such excellent teachers!

Both my children graduated from this school. They hated it. If you have academically gifted children then you will be very happy with this school. This is not a good school for those children that think "out of the box". This school has a zero tolerance level for children who are perceived as different. If I had to do it all over again I would not have sent my children to this school.

I have two children who attend HSE HS. Each of my kids have unique strengths and weaknesses and, overall, the staff and administration have done a good job of supporting/encouraging their strong points and working with them to improve their weaknesses. It is a very large school, which can be overwhelming. The good side of that is that there are MANY activities to choose from (you don't have to be in band or on a sports team to get involved).

there are some dedicated teachers that make the school great but theres alot of bad things about this school i wouldnt send my child here

Last modified Hamilton Southeastern High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.