Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

CRES is an amazing school with a ton of opportunities for the kids. The teachers are great and care about the kids. We aren't asked to sell things for fundraisers which is awesome!

My son has really enjoyed his Kindergarten year at Cumberland Road Elementary. He loves his teacher and has learned so much.

New principal is great, friendly- inviting environment. My kids really enjoyed their teachers, my daughter was in Mrs Strnats class and loved her!!

My child just started kindergarten at CRES. We are amazed at how poor the curriculum is relative to other elementary schools in the area. We are only 15 days into the school year and CRES is lagging behind the curriculum at the other schools. At CRES, they are learning A, B, Cs. and at Hoosier, Geist, and Lantern they are learning sight words. At CRES, they are learning to hold a pencil and trace lines. At Hoosier, Geist and Lantern, they are learning to write sentences with 3-letter words and sight words. At CRES, my child is coming home bored from not being challenged. Friends at other schools are coming home exhausted from learning so much. CRES exemplifies the failure of public schools and common core.

My 3 year old daughter is attending this school this year in 2014. So far my daughter's teachers(total 3) and all the staff are dedicated and wonderful! I really amazed to see my kid learning things so fast and and always eager to go to school even when she is ill. I get bi-weekly newsletters about the theme of what they are going to learn and do for next two weeks. It seems my kid is very busy inside school.She really learning a lot from her school.

CRES lacks a community feel. There are not any after school clubs or groups for the students to be a part of. There were only three opportunities to volunteer in my child's classroom this year. The only readily available communication between home and school is email and it often takes a few days to receive a response. Parent involvement is very limited by the school and teachers.

Two of my three children have gone through this school and I can't say enough good things about it. Great teachers, very relaxing environment, great office staff, excellent music and art teachers. I have one more child and he is definitely going to be going to Cumberland Road K-4.

We moved from PA to IN and were initially worried. But now I cannot find words to Thank teachers (Mr. Greiwe and Mrs. Roth). The complete transition was very smooth and my son enjoyed in their class. He could not wait to go to school and always came home happy with lot of knowledge. Probably some of the best years of my son.

Everyone from the the teachers to the office staff are wonderful and show that they care about you child. CRES is # 1!

Cannot say enough amazing things about this school. Everyone from the wonderful principal, Mrs Harris, to the custodian is awesome. Attentive and caring teachers that foster children's love of learning!

Last modified Cumberland Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.