Community Montessori School 1

Posted March 10, 2014
I just had the worst experience with a school and its "administration". A woman (she never once introduced herself) opened the door halfway to acknowledge us upon our arrival.My son had a lollipop in his mouth, and before she ever even said hello, she barked at him to take that out of his mouth. He began to cry (he is only 3) and she turned to us and said to him "You need to get control of yourself, I cannot take you back to the classroom when you are crying". Of course, he wasn't listening to her and then she knelt down in front of him, and again barked at him to get control of himself and he kicked at her to get her to back up. I do not condone this type of behavior, however she made absolutely NO attempt to be nice or welcoming to either one of us. At this point, she said that she would not be taking our son as a student because they "couldn't bridge a gap that big" Excuse me??? Who says that to a parent? This "school" needs to seriously improve their social skills, and learn how to speak to families without degrading them. They can rest assured that I will tell EVERYONE I know about my experience in this joke of a "school".

Posted February 03, 2014
We are having our two boys at CMS. They get the most wonderful attention they need to move along in their academics. But academics aren t the main focus here. It is more about your child's development overall. They use Montessori work tools to help them to understand why an addition is an addition and why a subtraction is a subtraction and what it really does.The staff is so incredibly dedicated, it is pretty remarkable. On one of these school closing days, I met with my friend and her daughter who attends 1st grade at a public school. Her little daughter told my older son how much she hates school and how happy she is for the bad weather. My son didn t really understand why she would hate school, he loves it so much. Compared to other schools, they also have a great backyard; they even have lunch or morning/afternoon snack outside. The outdoors was a big thing for me when I went school shopping. It makes me so happy when I see them running around outside, digging in the dirt, playing with mulch, when I come and pick them up.

Posted November 09, 2013
Our daughter is attending CMS and we couldn't be any happier. This school is awesome. The Montessori program is fantastic. The teachers are great, very attentive . The classrooms and materials are impeccable . Our daughter communication skills, vocabulary has improved so much in only 4 months. The daily work cycles are great and age appropriate and she has learn so much, specially to care, love, respect and understand her classmates feelings and needs. The school environment in General is great, peaceful, loving, and encouraging. Unfortunately we are moving out of state and I'm so sad I have to leave CMS . We have been touring schools in our new town and it's hard to find Something even close to what CMS offers. CMS has set the standards pretty high for us and now we are so grateful for all CMS Has done for OUR DAUGHTER. If you are looking for a school, CMS IS YOUR BEST OPTION. Good luck!

Posted July 25, 2013
Wonderful school with caring staff. My son will be in the primary classroom this year and he is looking forward to it. Everyday during the summer he keeps asking if he can go to school. Community Montessori is truly a special place for children.

Posted October 02, 2012
We have nothing but good things to say about CMS. Our son, who is now almost 3 years old, has been attending this school since he was 18 months and since then we have been very happy. He was previously enrolled in a private daycare center, and after being bitten a few times we decided to move him to CMS. We have been very pleased with the general environment and with the teachers he has had. The teachers don't just sit on the floor and engage in private conversations among themselves, but actually TEACH the kids and interact with them constantly. The teachers are well-trained and qualified. This is a big plus us. Our son has been thriving; he speaks much better than our friends' kids who do not attend the school, and is much more developed, both intellectually and physically. I would definitely recommend this school to another parent.

Posted September 14, 2012
My child is now in the toddler program at this school & loves it. Our child had two other much less satisfactory pre-school experiences before this one. At CMS, the toddler rooms are spacious, clean, bright (lots of natural light), with beautiful materials, including lots of attractive books and puzzles. The outdoor play area is a large space, with shade from mature trees, a vegetable garden a space that allows children to have a feeling of being in nature. The children seem happy, even joyful. My child likes the school so much, that in the morning when I take her lunchbox out, she immediately wants to go to the car & leave for school. Her teachers are qualified, highly educated, Montessori trained & experienced. Every day we receive a wonderful email telling us what the class did and what our child did. The toddler classes do wonderful activities. They might pick vegetables from the garden to prepare a healthy group snack. I am very intuitive and feel there is a happy vibe there among the teachers. The children are treated with great respect and talked to in an appropriate manner. When I drop her off, I have such a good feeling! That's priceless.

Posted August 19, 2012
Our son has been in the toddler program since 18 months and has truly thrived. He is excited about going to school, has already started demonstrating great manners and wanting to help at home, and has greatly increased his verbal communications. We receive daily email feedback regarding how he is doing and can stop in at any time to observe. The staff is engaged and truly wants to see the children thrive. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent who is wanting to encourage an early love of learning.

Posted August 15, 2012
Community Montessori School has everything a parent could hope for their children. The warm, friendly, and caring environment is pervasive throughout the school and is fostered by involved parents, the always helpful and respectful staff, and the happy and joyful children at every turn. Our oldest son has been in a Montessori program since the age of 2, but it wasn't until we found Community Montessori that we realized what a true Montessori program was. Now, both of our children are students there and have grown and blossomed beyond our belief. Their love of and excitement for learning is every parent's dream. The life skills and respect for others that they are learning impresses eveyone they meet, and the independence and imagination they exhibit is well beyond their outside peers. I had previously been involved with other schools as a founding parent, board member, and active volunteer, but they all pale in comparison to the structure, organization, and philosophy of CMS. I would whole-heartedly endorse and recommend this school to anyone who is considering it for their children. It is, without a doubt, one of the best investments we ever have made for our children.

Posted August 15, 2012
In response to a previous comment; your child was a great Montessori student. CMS will greatly miss your child. We wish the best of luck on your new journey. CMS toddler ministry is not a daycare rather we follow the procidures and obligations of a ministry. We will encourage all families regardless of where they plan to attend school to carefully read the school handbook and sign required forms. Respectfully from CMS.

Posted August 11, 2012
The review of August 8 has some info that is untrue--all teachers do speak English. There is a multi-cultural element to the school, but we find that to be a bonus! Our daughter has been at the school for 3 years, and it is a wonderful learning environment. Children's welfare and well-being is always paramount. Best decision ever made.

Contact Information

9069 East 141st Street
Fishers, IN 46038

School website

Community Montessori School
9069 East 141st Street, Fishers, IN  46038
Last modified Community Montessori School is a private school that serves grades PK-6
Community Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.