PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter has been attending CMS for the last 2 years. The experience has been wonderful! She started in the Toddler program and now is in the Primary program. We have seen exceptional growth and development in here since we started her at 2 years old. Here vocabulary is outstanding and she is very independent. I believe wholeheartedly this is because of her experience at CMS. I love that they teach 'grace and courtesy' lessons as well. You can definitely tell, as she always says please and thank you. As a parent I want to take credit for this, but the secret is this is something she learned at school! My son will be 18 months next year and I can't wait for him to start the program. The staff has also been wonderful to work with as well! I can't say enough good things about CMS!

Our three children attended both the Primary and Elementary programs at CMS from 2002-2012. Now that they are in high school and one is even headed off to university (on a full academic ride!) I appreciate even more what an unbelievable enduringly positive impact a CMS Montessori education had on my children. First and foremost, they are kind and caring. They are accepting and cognizant that they are part of a large world, not just the community of the classroom. But, boy, did that community in the classroom do an outstanding job in planting the roots for this understanding! Academically, Montessori was amazing at not only moving at the pace they each needed to move in any particular subject, but the hands-on, concrete approach has solidified concepts in math, science, language and the humanities that proved to be solid foundations for further study. My children have learned to ask questions, ask for clarification, ask why AND to not be the least bit shy in finding the answer for themselves. Finally, the natural leadership characteristics that develop as a result of being a Montessori kid cannot be overemphasized. Self-confidence, self-drive, self-control, readiness to help others, empathy for one's fellow student--these are all natural outcomes of multiple years in this amazing learning environment. I'd invest the money again and again in this type of education for my kids!

We love CMS. They have qualified and passionate teachers who truly understand and practice Montessori methods. Our children have thrived in their toddler and primary classrooms. The Head of School is excellent and leads with a purpose, always focused on the children and the families they serve. CMS is a community and I encourage anyone to schedule a visit to see how wonderful this school is!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I've seen compassion, caring and empathy at every event I've been to between the children. When I observe my child in class the students all work together as a part of their community and take care of each other.

Our daughter (2.5) has been attending this school for a year now and we are extremely pleased with not only the education she's receiving but also the characteristics she's picked up from attending a Montessori school. Our friends are always shocked that she's only 2.5 because she is polite, articulate and potty trained at an early age. Our favorite part of Montessori is her ability to learn at her own pace giving her confidence in education. We have always felt welcome as a family at CMS.

Avoid at all costs! While this school seems ideal at first glance for those who are interested in a Montessori experience for their child, its staff are cold and controlling. You won't find any bad reviews about this school on the web because they are a carefully managed organization, but ask around or experience the school yourself and you'll quickly regret the decision. This school caused my young children nothing but heartache. While the head of school seemed like a genuine individual, the toddler teacher and other staffers quickly proved themselves to be among the most manipulative and insensitive 'educators' I've ever encountered. Save your money and your time and go elsewhere.

Both my husband and myself have Professional Doctorate degrees and corresponding careers. We value a safe, educational and nurturing environment that will inspire an early love of learning in our child. After visiting and interviewing several private preschools, we decided to enroll our daughter at Community Montessori School (CMS) in Fishers, IN. The classrooms all have tons of natural lighting and an open floor plan. All the Directress/Teachers have college or graduate degrees and knew my daughter by name by the second day of school. I get daily reports via email on my kid. The toddler classroom will help potty train as well. Every personnel at the school I've come across has been courteous and informative. The diversity of the staff is a definite plus. Exposure to diversity promotes curiosity, creativity, and encourages the search for novel information and perspectives - something we want our child exposed to early on. There is an entrance interview that CMS calls "an encounter" where the Directress spends approximately 30 min with your child in their respective classroom, observing them play with the particular "work" they chose and how they interact with their surroundings and other children in the class. I came to value a school with an entrance interview after I visited other preschools that didn't have one. The preschools that did not have an entrance interview take anyone and everyone as long as the parents have the means to pay the tuition. Preschool age children are sponges, quickly picking up social and behavioral cues from their peers and surroundings. The children at CMS, in general, seem to be more respectful of their surroundings and peers. I would attribute this to both the Montessori environment as well as the existence of an entrance interview. I was not familiar with Montessori schools and methodology until I started researching preschools. Although my husband is a product of a Montessori preschool, I was not. It's one thing to read about Montessori online, but it's another to actually see and observe the classrooms for yourself. I'm glad I took the time to visit the various preschools CMS was the clear choice for us. My daughter has been at CMS for almost a year now. What I like most about CMS is that my child loves it; she is excited to go to school every day. As a parent, you can't really ask for more.

We are having our two boys at CMS. They get the most wonderful attention they need to move along in their academics. But academics aren t the main focus here. It is more about your child's development overall. They use Montessori work tools to help them to understand why an addition is an addition and why a subtraction is a subtraction and what it really does.The staff is so incredibly dedicated, it is pretty remarkable. On one of these school closing days, I met with my friend and her daughter who attends 1st grade at a public school. Her little daughter told my older son how much she hates school and how happy she is for the bad weather. My son didn t really understand why she would hate school, he loves it so much. Compared to other schools, they also have a great backyard; they even have lunch or morning/afternoon snack outside. The outdoors was a big thing for me when I went school shopping. It makes me so happy when I see them running around outside, digging in the dirt, playing with mulch, when I come and pick them up.

Our daughter is attending CMS and we couldn't be any happier. This school is awesome. The Montessori program is fantastic. The teachers are great, very attentive . The classrooms and materials are impeccable . Our daughter communication skills, vocabulary has improved so much in only 4 months. The daily work cycles are great and age appropriate and she has learn so much, specially to care, love, respect and understand her classmates feelings and needs. The school environment in General is great, peaceful, loving, and encouraging. Unfortunately we are moving out of state and I'm so sad I have to leave CMS . We have been touring schools in our new town and it's hard to find Something even close to what CMS offers. CMS has set the standards pretty high for us and now we are so grateful for all CMS Has done for OUR DAUGHTER. If you are looking for a school, CMS IS YOUR BEST OPTION. Good luck!

Wonderful school with caring staff. My son will be in the primary classroom this year and he is looking forward to it. Everyday during the summer he keeps asking if he can go to school. Community Montessori is truly a special place for children.

Last modified Community Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6