Posted May 14, 2014
One of my daughters graduated from Fishers last year and the other is a sophomore. We have had avery positive experience with FHS. The principal is fantastic and teachers are involved. Previous comments about teacher expectations being unclear are probably due to the student. There are very few duds. Academics are a strong focus. My daughter thinks college is easier than high school because of the great education she received at FHS. There are lots of AP classes and the IB program. There is TONS of school spirit, we even won the channel 13 Operation Football Spirit Award three years in a row. Students dress up in red/white and body paint and pack the student section. If you want to see your friends and neighbors, you will every Friday night at football and basketball games. Having been a volunteer coordinator, I can say that parents are very involved. Fishers is a great place to raise a family. The reason I am on this site is that we are considering a move for my husband's employment and the biggest draw-back to moving is that we don't want to leave this school and all of the opportunities it has provided for our kids. Should you move into this school's boundaries-absolutely!

Posted August 17, 2013
The previous reviews are totally and completely inaccurate, I am freshman at Fishers High School, and I have never felt so happy and accepted in my whole life, the upper classmen are helpful and so are the teachers. the school itself is beautiful, out shinning and private or public school in the area. as for the controlling comment, you are allowed to leave during lunch, and drivers may sign them selves out with further notice. Best school I have ever attended, and probably the most organized

Fishers High School 3

Posted December 11, 2012
Very controlling. At time the expectations are difficult to know. The school is a closed campus, even for seniors. Also, seniors, even if 18, may not sign themselves out of school. Students are not permitted to leave the cafeteria during lunch. If you are a senior new to the state you will have to forfeit a day to take an Algera I End-of-Course assessment in addition an English 10 test. Also, the teachers expectations are difficult to know because many do not give rubrics for assignments and only vaguely convey their expectations, especially the English Department. The school has resources and is not a bad choice but Carmel or HSE could be a better choice. And, on a side note, the school officials are immature--tension and drama obviously exists between staff members (the Social Studies department), and many appear to never have grown up emotionally.

Posted November 02, 2012
Fishers High School demands excellence and pushes their students to excel. At times that can feel overwhelming until that student goes to college and realizes that all the work and effort has finally paid off. FHS prepares their students for the rigors of college. I applaud them for offering my daughter a world class education!!

Posted November 02, 2012
It is really hard for me to believe that tanyone would rate FHS poorly, like some on this site apparently have. Attitudes of the teachers? My child has never been in trouble so I wouldn't know what it is like to deal with that, but maybe that speaks more to the problems at home that caused the kids problems in the first place? Anyways, I have really enjoyed having my daughter attend FHS. The kids have great attitudes, the teachers are super enthusiastic, there is a lot of pride in being such a great school and the parents are very involved. Fishers has a great repuation and is a very safe community. Unlike where I went to school, my daughter doesn't see fights at school or a lot of racism and intolerance. She sees kids accepting of diversity, and she feels proud to go to school there. I am so happy we moved to Fishers and really glad that she attends FHS!

Posted August 28, 2012
Fishers High School is more than what I would have expected out of high school. There are so many opportunities to get involved and the teachers and staff are so encouraging. I couldn't imagine having to attend a different school. The curriculum is challenging, but teachers are there to help you through as long as you ask. The school spirit is INCREDIBLE. I've never seen a school with so much pride! Overall, Fishers is top notch.

Posted April 27, 2012
After my older son graduated from this school, I feel this school failed to meet my expectation. School has challenging programs, but teachers are not capable to have students successes academically. I compared this high school and other high schools near by. I am worried about my younger son. I am thinking about moving out.

Posted February 17, 2012
I am ABSOLUTELY, VERY disappointed in this school! I think the staff and are very negative and immature and do not handle "simple issues" in a proper way. No bullying is the motto they live by, until it's time to reprimand a student for using the word "fruitcake", then there is no boundaries! I have pulled my son from this school today after repeatedly dealing with minor issues that the staff continues to be more concerned with than actual "education"! We will not be returning to this school, and that is the best decision I EVER could have made!!

Posted February 17, 2012
I am simply DISAPPOINTED in this school, and would not EVER allow my child or children to attend this joke of a school!! If you can, and you are serious about your child(s) education, attend a different school system!!

Posted February 17, 2012
Not happy at all with this school, and will not allow the remainder of my children to attend this school after one child dealt with a lot of disturbing issues within this school system!

Fishers High School
13000 Promise Road, Fishers, IN  46038
Last modified Fishers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fishers High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.