Posted May 30, 2013
Floyds Knobs Elementary made our sons kindergarten year an amazing, unforgettable year. We transferred our son to floyds knobs at the beginning of the year because we knew our son may need an extra push to get him going. Our sons teacher knew exactly what her students needed. She knew what our son needed and stayed in touch with us constantly. We could not have asked for a better teacher or school. We had tons of opportunities to volunteer and be involved. We were able and encourages to be involved. We were also so impressed with how the school took any problems very seriously and did everything they could to help. Mrs Murphy, the principle, was very present and involved. Her leadership makes the school a better place! While as parents we were not there to make friends, we were there to support our son an the school, we found everyone including the staff and parents to be warm and wonderful. We can not express how grateful we are to have had such an amazing experience with this school. We can't wait to do it all over again with our next child entering kindergarten in the fall!!! Way to go Floyds Knobs!!! You are great!!!

Floyds Knobs Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
We moved to Floyds Knobs mid-year from out of state. I consider sending my child to FKE to be one of the very worst decisions I ever made as a parent If you are a 5th generation Floyds Knobs resident, and your goal for your child is for him/her to receive a mediocre education and earn a living working the fry basket, you will do fine at FKE. My child received credible death threats from some of the local kids, and basically nothing was done (the bullies had a 10 minute conversation with the principal and that was it). Her classroom teacher was a pathetic joke, and our family considers her eight months spent there to have been a complete waste of time. The heartbreaking part was that my child entered school there ready to make new friends and learn new things, and she was treated beyond horribly by the other kids and her ridiculous classroom teacher. FKE is one giant clique, and the adults there buy into it as much as the kids do.

Posted October 28, 2012
FKE is an awesome school! My 11th grader went there for 6 years and my 1st grader is in her second year. We have had wonderful teachers who truly care about kids and an awesome principal! I cannot imagine going anywhere else.

Floyds Knobs Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2008
WONDERFUL School with caring teachers and PTO that is out of this world. Many extra activities to encourage children with all different interests

Floyds Knobs Elementary School 0

Posted February 08, 2008
When we decided to move from Louisville to Floyds Knobs, I got on the computer and looked up the CATS test scores from the area schools. FKE had the highest so we found a house in the district. We moved from Louisville because I didn't want my kids on the bus for hours each day and the traditional programs had a lottery system to get in. I am so pleased when the bus stops in front of our house each morning. I do have to agree with an earlier reviewer, it is hard to make friends with the mothers of the parents who have lived here for a long time.

Posted September 27, 2007
I agree with all the praise heaped on FKE by the parent reviewers from 2006. The teachers are wonderful and really work to give individual instruction and guidance to each student. The school's reputation for having top notch academic programs is well-deserved. The school building and playgrounds are also in great shape and the teachers work so hard to make their classrooms fun places for the kids to spend each day. I think that FKE compares very favorably to the magnet school my daughter attended when we lived in Louisville. This is our third year at FKE and it has been my experience that both parents and children are very welcoming to new families!

Posted February 22, 2007
I completely agree with all previous 2006 entries on FKE's academics, staff, and parent involvement. However, not growing up in this area and being a lifelong residentI must comment on new family acceptance. The parents and their children are not warm to those not growing up in the 'circles'. My daughter has attended FKE for 4 years and is still not comfortable or accepted. She is highly involved with many school activities. She has great staff relationships, great grades, and popular, but has yet to make a good friend connection! This is not an individual case. I have spoken to many other 'newbies' to the area, and all feel the same. Again, Academics and staff are wonderful. If you are moving to the area, I feel that acceptance into a new area and creating friends in a comfortable environment is also important in establishing 1st-5th grade self esteem.

Posted September 19, 2006
We have our 1st child attending full time kindergarten this year, and are even more impressed than we even imagined. The parent involvement is incredible, the relationship between child and teacher is wonderful. Our son is normally shy at first, and was very hesitant to go to school, even begging not to go, but he loves it and doesn't want to miss a minute. Not even to go on a vacation. The teacher makes us feel as if we are there even when we aren't. We could not be more thrilled and pleased with Floyd Knobs Elementary.

Posted September 18, 2006
The quality of academic program is superior. The staff emphasizes respect, moral values, academic accountability, regular attendance, school/home partnership. Highly professional staff with 'huge' caring hearts. Much is expected but hard work is rewarded. They have a great way of letting the children know that work is work and play is play. Music, Art, computer, clubs, physical education and extracurricular activities are available to everyone. The level of parent involvement is exceptional. Hard working PTO members. Everyone is welcome. One of the few schools I've encountered that welcomes parents into the school because they know they are doing a phenomenal job and aren't hiding anything. Principal and Vice Principal always available. Yearly science projects, performances, clean, good lunches, safe, caring staff. A one of a kind elementary. Honored to be here. Great communication between school and home.

Posted May 16, 2006
My daughter who is now in the third grade at FKE, started off at Green Valley elementary, and while that is a good school, I have never seen anything that compares to FKE. They test the students every year, and last year they gave my daughter an oppertunity to exel in special classes just for kids like her from all over Floyd county! I also love that they do a theme for the whole school and then decorated the hallways and every classroom for that theme. This year it's Be 'fin'tastic, get hooked on respect, and the whole school is decroated with fish. They really care about kids here. Especially yours!

Floyds Knobs Elementary School
4484 Scottsville Road, Floyds Knobs, IN  47119
Last modified Floyds Knobs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyds Knobs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.