Fort Wayne, IN

Posted March 10, 2014
Our son is in his third year at Oak View, and we have been extremely pleased with the teachers, staff, and exceptional support and communication. NACS is by far the best district in the area in our opinion. His (and our) favorite teachers have been Mrs. Hurley and Mr. Barnes. We love Oak View!

Posted November 03, 2013
We moved to this school from another state, and we have been very pleased. Our children's teachers send out emails on a regular basis, and one even sends them every day so we know exactly what is expected and what is being taught. The principal has made us feel very welcome, and greets the students at the buses in the morning. We have talked with other parents, and we also hear many good things about how concerns are always taken care of quickly by the teachers and by the principal. We also attended our first fall festival, and it was loads of fun. The school has received high rankings in testing for several years, and was the main reason we first looked at this school. We love Oak View!

Posted June 11, 2013
Oak View provides many student-focused, family-oriented activities and many excellent teachers. Unfortunately a handful of teachers do not rise to excellence, technology is limited, leadership and support from the principal is practically nonexistent and the counselor is only there part time.

Posted August 12, 2012
My children love their school! Their teachers have all been top-notch. Field trips and activities are fun and varied, and as a parent who enjoys volunteering when time permits, I appreciate that the teachers welcome volunteers. The PTO is really good too. It seems they handle everything from the activities, funding field trips, and providing students with things that we (parents and/or teachers) would otherwise need to pay for. Excellent in my book!

Posted November 22, 2011
My 1st grade daughter has Leukemia, which means that she has to miss quite a bit of school for Chemotherapy and illnesses. The teaching staff and administrative staff have been excellent in accomidating her peculiar schedule. The week following her monthly treatments she is on a steriod that makes her extremely tired. Her teacher has brought in a couple of bean bags for her (and her classmates) to sit on so that she can get some rest during class and still participate when she's able. I've been overwhelmed with the enthusiasm, compassion, and respect that the teachers have regarding their classes and my daughter in particular.

Posted September 05, 2010
Oak View is awesome I was in FWCS then came to NACS I expected better than my old school and Oak View is ten times better than my old school and Mr Carnahan and Mrs. Nichols are the best teachers

Posted August 13, 2009
My daughter is in her third year at Oak View and as parents that stress the importance of education to our children we are very happy with the level of education she is receiving. The principal is wonderful and the teachers communicate well with the parents. It reminds me of a private school only it's public. My daughter has had only good experiences and is very happy.

Posted June 09, 2007
Oak View is a decent school. I would not rate it as high as others because my daughter comes home from school and tells me that she didn't learn anything and she also comes home with workbooks that are not completed. Her reading has improved but her writing has slipped. Her handwriting was better in preschool and I don't think the school worked with her on this issue.

Posted May 29, 2007
I love Oak View the school is so great! My child's Favorite teacher is Mr. Carnahan (4th grade).

Posted April 18, 2007
My daughter attended 1st and 2nd grade at Oakview and LOVED IT! She has excelled academically and she has enjoyed all of her teachers. The parents are very actively involved and the teachers are very dedicated. We have been very fortunate to have such wonderful experiences at Oakview.

Oak View Elementary School
13123 Coldwater Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46845
Last modified Oak View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top