Posted September 26, 2013
Hickory Center Elementary School has been incredible. My children came to the school 2 years ago. They loved it from the start and look forward to going to school. That is a huge to a learning environment.

Posted April 22, 2012
I have 2 children that go to this school, love everything about the staff and teachers are the best I have ever seen in a school..the special ed program that my 2 are in is amazing , they know there stuff I hope we can stay at this school.. we moved out of district..I hope they allow them to keep going there, going to everything we can !!!! Its hard to find a school with this much dedication to there students and parents my children are happy to be there ....

Posted November 16, 2010
I know the parent that have HC a bad review. Can you guess if they were a good parent?

Posted June 02, 2010
I have a soon to be Kindergartner with various needs and a 4th grader and am so impressed with the leadership at HC. The principal and many of the staff know all the students not only by name but also their strengths and weaknesses.Parents are very involved. The teachers are very dedicated. I also love the life-skills and healthy eating that the children learn. They really educate the whole child.

Posted July 20, 2009
I have a first and third grader at HC this year. I am very happy with the staff and teachers at this school and feel they work hard to know each child individually. My kids love it!

Posted December 17, 2008
Hickory Center is an absolutely top notch school. One of the best that I have ever seen and experienced. The leadership is fantastic, the teachers are fantastic, the curriculum is fantastic. My daughter will be going to the new school next year and am sad to be leaving Hickory Center, but I am sure that Eel River will be just as awesome!

Hickory Center Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2006
I have to disagree with the other reviews...I have had 3 children in HC and I am not impressed. We now send our children to a private school where their confidence has risen as well as their academic performance. I find HC's greatest quality to be physical facilities. There are some excellent teachers there that have been great to our children, but unfortunately problems start at the top. Before sending your children to HC don't judge the book by its cover, read a few pages yourself.

Posted July 09, 2006
We have been at Hickory Center for two years and unfortunately have to move. This is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers and an excellent, professional principal. With enthusiastic parental involvement and advanced opportunities for excellence, this school is supreme! We particularly enjoyed the many field trips, PTO activities and parental involved projects (for ex: Harmon's letters,rocket project, trips to Sauder Village, Indianapolis, Chicago and Detroit). Mr. Bodenstein is the best PE teacher we have seen and the kids really benefited from the school swimming program at the natatorium. Thank you!

Posted May 18, 2005
I am a parent of a soon to be third and fourth grader who have attended Hickory Center since kindergarten. Every day my kids can't wait to get to school and they always come home smiling. The teachers are kind, supportive and highly competent not only in academics, but in their personal relationships with the children too. The emphasis on life skills and lifelong guidelines support parents' efforts to develop academic and social standards that will serve the students well for years to come. As an over protective parent with very high expectations, I send my chidren off every morning without worry, knowing they will receive quality education in a nurturing, stimulating environment. The entire staff will forever have my gratitude for providing my children with such a superb start in life.

Posted September 29, 2004
I'm not a parent, but a student who now atends Hickory Center. I would have to say that Hickory Center is a great school! The teachers are all so nice and helpful. I will dearly miss Hickory Center next year when I go to Carroll Middle School. If you're looking for a school to go to, choose Hickory Center.

Hickory Center Elementary School
3606 Baird Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46818
Last modified Hickory Center Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickory Center Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.