Bad
Good

We moved to SACS before our kids started school for a better school environment, and Aboite Elementary has not disappointed. The new principal is motivated, upbeat, and very personable. The "specials" are all great, the class musicals are adorable, and the after school enrichment classes are popular in our house. From my experience, the teachers are all attentive and emotionally invested in our children. I've never had a single negative experience with any of them. Parental involvement is high and that always makes the difference. We are proud Aboite Panthers! P.S. if you get Mrs. Holmes, thank your lucky stars, can't say enough positive things about her! I know my son will remember her forever!

Our child attended k-5 at Aboite, and was in ALPHA grades 2-5. The principal we are familiar with has since retired, so things may be somewhat different now, but it was overall a good experience. We were unhappy with the 5th grade teacher, but I hear she was recently fired. All the other teachers in the ALPHA program were great and really cared about their students. The lunchroom/recess procedures are something that bothered me as the kids have to eat in 20 minutes, which ends up being more like 10-15 by the time the kids get lined up, quiet, and into the lunchroom. The monitors stopped the whole process until the kids were absolutely quiet, eliminating recess and/or lunch time. As the kids got older, it was rare for them to get more than the one 15-20 minute lunch recess. Science teachers were eliminated due to budget cuts, leaving science instruction to the classroom teachers. Art, music and PE classes also were cut from 2x a week to 1x a week while we were there. There is a vast difference in parental involvement between the alpha and non-ALPHA group. Parents with a student in ALPHA are very involved; some non ALPHA classes have no parent help at all.

Aboite Elementary is great! We've had two kids in the Alpha program--the program is awesome! Lots of really GREAT teachers!! My child did have one really awful experience, however, with an ALPHA first grade teacher who has since retired. She completely turned my student off from learning that year due to her nastiness. She should have NEVER been allowed to teach 6-year-olds! Other than that, we've been really very happy with Aboite Elementary!

The staff is very rude and unhelpful .Parents trying to help are treated poorly and like they are unimportant unless you are an ALPHA then you are untouchable if you are thinkng about moving and paying twice as much in taxes and housing to go to this school save your money. Not impresssed for all the good things they "portray" to community. This is the school district we are in I have 3 kids in this district glad my daughter has moved on to Summit they are fantastic!!!

Bullying at recess is a problem. Teacher interaction with the students is less than stellar.

The best public elementary school in Southwest Fort Wayne - the faculty and staff are excellent and the children fantastic. The ALPHA Program is one of the highlights of this school as well.

This is a great school! You will need to be an involved parent as the staff is just as involved as you are in your child's future. This school has the best teachers. I know as I have received a call from my childs teacher twice. Nothing bad just wanted me to know how she was doing. The care and dedication is for me is far better than her private pre school. I will be staying with this school even when vouchers come out to encourage parents to find the best education for thier child as I feel I have already found it!

We have been a part of Aboite Elementary now for over 4 years with two kids in their ALPHA program. We have nothing but praises for this school and its leadership amongst the teachers, programs, extracurricular activities, the PTO, and the standards this school consistently has year after year. We are proud Aboite Panthers and we feel it is up to the kids and their family values as to how well your kids will do in any school they are in. Learning starts from home, not school.

This school was the worst school my son ever attended. He still talks about how miserable he was there 2 years after we moved from Fort Wayne!

The teachers at Aboite are great, they are very involved with their students. The Alpha program is wonderful! Couldn't ask for a better school! Thank you to all of the Aboite teachers and Mr. Lobdell! We really do appreciate all of the extra special things you do for our students. You put a lot of emphasis on the science fair and really reward our students who participate--that's really important since science is so undervalued in many schools! There are many other things the teachers/staff do to really foster our children's educational experience! Great school!!

Last modified Aboite Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.