Posted January 07, 2014
Our child attended k-5 at Aboite, and was in ALPHA grades 2-5. The principal we are familiar with has since retired, so things may be somewhat different now, but it was overall a good experience. We were unhappy with the 5th grade teacher, but I hear she was recently fired. All the other teachers in the ALPHA program were great and really cared about their students. The lunchroom/recess procedures are something that bothered me as the kids have to eat in 20 minutes, which ends up being more like 10-15 by the time the kids get lined up, quiet, and into the lunchroom. The monitors stopped the whole process until the kids were absolutely quiet, eliminating recess and/or lunch time. As the kids got older, it was rare for them to get more than the one 15-20 minute lunch recess. Science teachers were eliminated due to budget cuts, leaving science instruction to the classroom teachers. Art, music and PE classes also were cut from 2x a week to 1x a week while we were there. There is a vast difference in parental involvement between the alpha and non-ALPHA group. Parents with a student in ALPHA are very involved; some non ALPHA classes have no parent help at all.

Posted September 02, 2012
Aboite Elementary is great! We've had two kids in the Alpha program--the program is awesome! Lots of really GREAT teachers!! My child did have one really awful experience, however, with an ALPHA first grade teacher who has since retired. She completely turned my student off from learning that year due to her nastiness. She should have NEVER been allowed to teach 6-year-olds! Other than that, we've been really very happy with Aboite Elementary!

Aboite Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2012
The staff is very rude and unhelpful .Parents trying to help are treated poorly and like they are unimportant unless you are an ALPHA then you are untouchable if you are thinkng about moving and paying twice as much in taxes and housing to go to this school save your money. Not impresssed for all the good things they "portray" to community. This is the school district we are in I have 3 kids in this district glad my daughter has moved on to Summit they are fantastic!!!

Aboite Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2012
Bullying at recess is a problem. Teacher interaction with the students is less than stellar.

Posted July 13, 2011
The best public elementary school in Southwest Fort Wayne - the faculty and staff are excellent and the children fantastic. The ALPHA Program is one of the highlights of this school as well.

Posted May 04, 2011
This is a great school! You will need to be an involved parent as the staff is just as involved as you are in your child's future. This school has the best teachers. I know as I have received a call from my childs teacher twice. Nothing bad just wanted me to know how she was doing. The care and dedication is for me is far better than her private pre school. I will be staying with this school even when vouchers come out to encourage parents to find the best education for thier child as I feel I have already found it!

Aboite Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2010
We have been a part of Aboite Elementary now for over 4 years with two kids in their ALPHA program. We have nothing but praises for this school and its leadership amongst the teachers, programs, extracurricular activities, the PTO, and the standards this school consistently has year after year. We are proud Aboite Panthers and we feel it is up to the kids and their family values as to how well your kids will do in any school they are in. Learning starts from home, not school.

Aboite Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2009
This school was the worst school my son ever attended. He still talks about how miserable he was there 2 years after we moved from Fort Wayne!

Posted May 11, 2009
The teachers at Aboite are great, they are very involved with their students. The Alpha program is wonderful! Couldn't ask for a better school! Thank you to all of the Aboite teachers and Mr. Lobdell! We really do appreciate all of the extra special things you do for our students. You put a lot of emphasis on the science fair and really reward our students who participate--that's really important since science is so undervalued in many schools! There are many other things the teachers/staff do to really foster our children's educational experience! Great school!!

Posted July 22, 2008
Great school district. I've had both hit and miss experiences with the teachers (2 out of 4 great, other 2 awful). Principal is a great guy, the kids love him, but I prefer the leadership at Whispering Meadows more. Alpha program okay, but not a necessity if you have a highly motivated kid with a dedicated parent.

Contact Information

5004 Homestead Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46814

Aboite Elementary School
5004 Homestead Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46814
Last modified Aboite Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aboite Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.