Fort Wayne, IN
Students enrolled: 2,260

Posted May 24, 2013
I'm a current medical student and I went to Homestead High school all 4 years. Academics is outstanding here. I was able to get so many scholarships for my undergraduate because of all that I learned here. This school really prepares you. The amount of AP classes that are offered are unbelievable. I met so many students at my undergraduate institution who came from high schools that only offered 2 AP classes. By taking AP classes, you become used to the rigor of college-level classes and are able to excel. So may pre-med classes weed out students whose high schools did not prepare them. Choose Homestead and you won't regret it if you have high academic standards. Very impressed of the education I received.

Posted May 31, 2012
I was an exchange student back in 1983 .. looking forwards to find old friends ...!! Pls write me back .. Regards, GONZO from CHILE

Posted January 07, 2012
I'm a freshman this year at HHS and I was totally scared going in, but after the first week or so you become comfortable in your own skin and begin to meet new people and love your teachers! An overall great experience!

Posted November 13, 2009
Homestead is the best public school in all of Indiana. The cirriculum cannot be beat and the teacher dedication is top notch.

Posted October 01, 2009
Great school! Involved teachers and lots of extracurricular activities!

Homestead Senior High School

Posted March 23, 2009
I graduated from Homestead in 1982 and our third child will be graduating from Homestead this year. It is an excellent school from academics, athletic programs, arts, foreign language, and music. The student body is very diverse. My children were well prepared for college and were accepted at every college to which they applied. Parent involvement is very high!

Posted September 25, 2008
i moved to fort wayne in 8th grade and went to woodside before hhs and i realllyyy love it. im well involved and there are cliques but you are able 'cross-clique' and be friends with lots of people.

Homestead Senior High School 3

Posted May 27, 2008
Overall Homestead is a decent school. It is a great school academically and I waas excepted into every college I applied to because of this. However, Homestead is a horrible school socially. If your parents didn't buy you a brand new car and didn't make the most money you did not fit in. There are too many cliques.

Homestead Senior High School 3

Posted April 07, 2008
Academic standards are good. However, as a new parent to Fort Wayne and two students in the high school I have found no communication from the teachers, guidance staff (unless solicited by me, or administration. There was no effort on the part of the school to make sure my children were matriculating well into the school.

Homestead Senior High School 1

Posted December 16, 2007
Dear Lord. Where do I start? Well, I'm a current student, coming from two years at a different highschool(South Side) and those were great. First off, the teachers are great. The only weak department Homsetead has in my opinion is the arts. My other highschool's art department put it to shame. In short, he Academics are great. There is one absolutely huge problem about this school: The students. This school is cliqued up like no one's business. If you try to be friends with everyone, prepare for trouble. It's not going to happen. There are so many drugs circling around the school, it's almost disgusting. I've been asked at least 10 different times to participate in drug activities by different people. Even when walking in the hallways I've heard, 'I was so f**king wasted!' The student's behaviors aren't included in the test scores. Be mindful of that.
2 people found this helpful

Homestead Senior High School
4310 Homestead Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46814
Last modified Homestead Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Homestead Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top