PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The numbers speak for themselves. This school is high in quality, regarding education and Christian influence. The only issue, as with every school, is that there are negative parents who like to spread rumors. Parents who are more interested in having their name written in the church bulletin than living in a Christ-serving way. Fortunately, it is easy to build healthy relationships with other families here. The phonies are pretty easy to spot. Check the school out if you are interested in a Christian education for your child. A lot of things I have read in these comments simply are not true. We have had our children attend HC for several years and our only issues have been with negative parents. But even that has been at a minimum.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There is mentoring for new teachers. Ineffective teachers have been asked to leave. A lot of the educators have been there a long time.

We could not be happier with Holy Cross! Our kids were only going to do preschool there, but we fell in love with the environment and teachers, and our kids stayed in this wonderful school. We have had positive interactions and communication with every teacher. I appreciate that they call or email with concerns, if they notice my child is "off" one day. I do agree that they need a stronger leader (principal) to take care of some things and support the teachers, but the great teaching staff outweighs that for us. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer and be involved at the school.

I TOTALLY agree with the 7/28 parent post. The opening tour is good and that's where it ends. The person in the principal's office is NO principal. If you have a problem and are lucky enough to get an apt if she's there, you will probably get another person she passes the apt to as she doesn't like conflict and avoids it at any chance. Three children left last year because of bullying (the principal says bullying is not the same as teasing and kids are just being kids) and the bully is still there awaiting her next victim(s), no punishment here. Teachers have said they are frustrated because they get no support and have no respect for the principal so they often take rules into their own hands. Letting kids wear what they want in their class disregarding the school dress code. A comment was made by the principal "I don't know anything about girls, I had boys" WHAT you're suppose to be a principal guiding 300+ children. Clicky, ego, closing your eyes to a problem, lack of discipline, Cash flow are all adjectives to describe this school. If you love your children, run away fast.

Sadly we decided to send our kids to a different school after our experience here. The school thinks they are above listening to opinions from anyone unless you are throwing money at them or are in the right click. The teachers gossip way too much. Very closed minded. The principal appears to be somewhat myopic when she is actually around. My kids did not thrive emotionally or academically at this school. If you didn't grow up in the Lutheran school system or aren't flashing money you won't fit in as far as I could see. My kids could not believe how mean some of the kids were and how much the teachers let the bad kids get away with. It broke my heart some days when they came home beat down. Don't let the initial tour fool you. They appeared to be caring, not so. Plus it is not very private. Crowded classes and shared lockers. I am sad it did not work out but when you see what I did and then your kids are getting treated poorly. The environment is not condusive to the Christian environment we had hoped for. God Bless You when making a decision on a school for your children/child.

We love this school!! We went from the public schools to the private school this past year; and, it has really been a great, positive move for all of us! My two children that attend this school adapted very well and all of the staff etc. made us feel very welcome!! I love how involved the school is and gets with my children. They truly do CARE about them!! And, the after school tutoring that they offer has been the best thing for ALL of us! No more evenings full of homework and fighting!! It gives them the extra attention and time they need to complete their assignments, so they can still go home in the evenings and participate in their various activities and/or just hang out with their neighborhood friends!

We are beyond thrilled with Holy Cross, and very thankful for the program that allowed us to give this top-notch education to our children. Everything about the school exemplifies what we envisioned for their school experience: teachers who care and communicate, excellence in education, truly modeling a Christ-centered life, reinforcing the values that we are trying to teach at home, plenty of opportunities to be involved. I could keep going on- it is just amazing.

I truly believe that this school has saved the future of my children. The children in public schools are really rough and my children didn't know how to deal with those other children since mine were raised in a more established home. I couldn't be happier with this school choice.

My children attended Holy Cross, we recently removed them to attend another Lutheran School. Holy Cross has a lot of Bullying issues and very little discipline. Holy Cross lacks any real leadership in its administration, a few of the teachers are great and really care about their students but the others are pretty negative and play favorites. Holy Cross has the potential to be a really great school but it needs proper leadership and discipline, unless and until this changes I would advise any parent looking for a good Christian education for their child(ren)to look else where, there are a lot of Great Lutheran Schools in Fort Wayne.

This school has been a huge disappointment to our kids and family in general. It use to have small class sizes, now classes are 23-29 kids per class and no teachers aides. They share lockers. The teacher are pretty negative in general. I have been told they are over extended. The politics in a private school like this are overwhelming. My biggest issue has been the bullying. Yes, it is everywhere, but this school does nothing to protect the kids and often blames it on the kid who is getting bullied. Basically you have to physically beat someone up to get kicked out. They accept kids who have been kicked out of other schools! No real art teacher. No art room. classroom computers are obsolete or broken. Some of the monitors are updated, but not the system. They also go over the top with AR and homework is 1-3 hours per night. My kids have had several things stolen out of lockers and they do nothing but say, "Check lost & found". I realize all schools have problems, but to pay over $250.00 a month per kid for it is crazy! On a positive note they have a couple great teachers, but the sarcastic negative teachers out number the good ones. I would want to know if I was considering HC.

Last modified Holy Cross Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8