Posted August 22, 2014
I TOTALLY agree with the 7/28 parent post. The opening tour is good and that's where it ends. The person in the principal's office is NO principal. If you have a problem and are lucky enough to get an apt if she's there, you will probably get another person she passes the apt to as she doesn't like conflict and avoids it at any chance. Three children left last year because of bullying (the principal says bullying is not the same as teasing and kids are just being kids) and the bully is still there awaiting her next victim(s), no punishment here. Teachers have said they are frustrated because they get no support and have no respect for the principal so they often take rules into their own hands. Letting kids wear what they want in their class disregarding the school dress code. A comment was made by the principal "I don't know anything about girls, I had boys" WHAT you're suppose to be a principal guiding 300+ children. Clicky, ego, closing your eyes to a problem, lack of discipline, Cash flow are all adjectives to describe this school. If you love your children, run away fast.

Posted July 28, 2014
Sadly we decided to send our kids to a different school after our experience here. The school thinks they are above listening to opinions from anyone unless you are throwing money at them or are in the right click. The teachers gossip way too much. Very closed minded. The principal appears to be somewhat myopic when she is actually around. My kids did not thrive emotionally or academically at this school. If you didn't grow up in the Lutheran school system or aren't flashing money you won't fit in as far as I could see. My kids could not believe how mean some of the kids were and how much the teachers let the bad kids get away with. It broke my heart some days when they came home beat down. Don't let the initial tour fool you. They appeared to be caring, not so. Plus it is not very private. Crowded classes and shared lockers. I am sad it did not work out but when you see what I did and then your kids are getting treated poorly. The environment is not condusive to the Christian environment we had hoped for. God Bless You when making a decision on a school for your children/child.

Posted April 30, 2014
We love this school!! We went from the public schools to the private school this past year; and, it has really been a great, positive move for all of us! My two children that attend this school adapted very well and all of the staff etc. made us feel very welcome!! I love how involved the school is and gets with my children. They truly do CARE about them!! And, the after school tutoring that they offer has been the best thing for ALL of us! No more evenings full of homework and fighting!! It gives them the extra attention and time they need to complete their assignments, so they can still go home in the evenings and participate in their various activities and/or just hang out with their neighborhood friends!

Posted April 28, 2014
We are beyond thrilled with Holy Cross, and very thankful for the program that allowed us to give this top-notch education to our children. Everything about the school exemplifies what we envisioned for their school experience: teachers who care and communicate, excellence in education, truly modeling a Christ-centered life, reinforcing the values that we are trying to teach at home, plenty of opportunities to be involved. I could keep going on- it is just amazing.

Posted April 24, 2014
I truly believe that this school has saved the future of my children. The children in public schools are really rough and my children didn't know how to deal with those other children since mine were raised in a more established home. I couldn't be happier with this school choice.

Posted June 19, 2013
My children attended Holy Cross, we recently removed them to attend another Lutheran School. Holy Cross has a lot of Bullying issues and very little discipline. Holy Cross lacks any real leadership in its administration, a few of the teachers are great and really care about their students but the others are pretty negative and play favorites. Holy Cross has the potential to be a really great school but it needs proper leadership and discipline, unless and until this changes I would advise any parent looking for a good Christian education for their child(ren)to look else where, there are a lot of Great Lutheran Schools in Fort Wayne.

Posted April 30, 2013
This school has been a huge disappointment to our kids and family in general. It use to have small class sizes, now classes are 23-29 kids per class and no teachers aides. They share lockers. The teacher are pretty negative in general. I have been told they are over extended. The politics in a private school like this are overwhelming. My biggest issue has been the bullying. Yes, it is everywhere, but this school does nothing to protect the kids and often blames it on the kid who is getting bullied. Basically you have to physically beat someone up to get kicked out. They accept kids who have been kicked out of other schools! No real art teacher. No art room. classroom computers are obsolete or broken. Some of the monitors are updated, but not the system. They also go over the top with AR and homework is 1-3 hours per night. My kids have had several things stolen out of lockers and they do nothing but say, "Check lost & found". I realize all schools have problems, but to pay over $250.00 a month per kid for it is crazy! On a positive note they have a couple great teachers, but the sarcastic negative teachers out number the good ones. I would want to know if I was considering HC.

Posted November 17, 2012
I am a 5th grader and love this school!!! The teachers are nice esepecially Mrs.Hoham!!! I am staying till 8th grade!! Come to Holy Cross!!!

Posted November 06, 2012
This school has a real problem with getting rid of students who bully and are in general horrible kids! We pay good money for our children to get a christian education and many of the same ill behaved kids continue year after year to be a problem and the teachers put them on the wall at school at recess, send home notes and have "pow wows" with parents, but let them stay enrolled. It makes for a horrible learning enviroment for our children.Public schools do not even tolerate this amount of poor behavior. Some of the parents are so out of touch...If your kid is getting in trouble for major stuff on a weekly basis...guess what? get some help for them and stop letting them destroy other kids learning enviroment. Not to mention kids share lockers that are too small for 1 kid much less 2 and they are lacking in technology....cramped classrooms too. Public schools do not even tolerate this amount of poor behavior. Sad, they do have a number of fab teachers, but the whole structure is so messed up, it does not matter. It is time for a change for Holy Cross...Wake up before you see good families leave...May be too late. You have already lost some good families with more to follow.

Posted September 24, 2012
I recently left and pulled my children out after 7 years. There were not enough classrooms or text books or desks or lockers for all of the children enrolled. There is also a zero tolerance poolicy on bullying that is never enforced which then causes even the best of kids to get pulled into questionable behavior. Afterall if there is no consequence why not join in with everyone else? I was also told as a teacher that if I wanted to continue to work there I would have to give up being 100% my kids mom. For an employer especially a "Christian" one to ask that I think is absurd. Overall I feel there are many other Christian Lutheran school avaiable that have not lost sight of God's plan for us the way that Holy Cross has. God and his teachings are no longer a priorty at Holy Cross. More students and a bigger bottom line financially are now their prime objective. Why pay for that when you can get it for free at public school? If you're looking for a true Christian school and education for your child look elsewhere.

Holy Cross Lutheran School
3425 Crescent Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN  46805
Last modified Holy Cross Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holy Cross Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top