Bad
Good

Our oldest started middle school at Summit this year and I feel very fortunate to have my child at such a good school. The teachers are the difference here and they are wonderful. My child even mentions the principle on occasion and always has positive things to say about him. The athletics, after school clubs and intramurals have been great as well.

My son is a 6th grader at Summit. We moved her from out-of-state this previous summer and I was pleasantly surprised with the welcome received. The school had a night before school started that families new to the school system were invited to, as well as a few things for the students after school started. The Principal and staff have been great to us! I love the fact that when the Principal sees my son he can call him by his name. I feel like Summit was the best choice we could have made when moving to Fort Wayne. My son has participated in a sport each season and even the athletic staff has been great. I don't have a single bad thing to say!

We moved from the NE side of town to the SW side the summer of 2013. Our daughter started Summit 8/13 and she despises it. As the past reviews have stated there are a numerous amount of foul mouthed bullies at this school & the staff & teachers choose to ignore them as well as the children getting picked on. The arrogance in the school is abundant. It's quite apparent that all of the school's money is placed into the school itself rather than the teachers. The lack of teaching skills is unacceptable. If the teachers were doing their jobs in the classroom then there wouldn't be so many children that have to come before school, stay after school & study at home just to keep their grades up. If you want a happy child that is learning at school then I would not recommend this school for you.

After 2 years at Summit, we enrolled our child in a private school. For high ability learners, this school does not meet their needs and the school data reflects this. The atmosphere is chaotic and the administration deals with this by implementing oppressive rules. Class sizes are large, 30-35. There are numerous cliques and if your child doesn't fit into one of these, life will be miserable, as there seems to be no way to change "groups." There are a lot of mean kids, bullying, pushing, swearing, and harassment by the students. When brought to the attention of staff, nothing is done. We are so happy to have removed our child from this school.

My daughter is so happy with the teachers and classes that are availiable to her. She is in the 7th grade and continues to enjoy school. If I ever have a question the staff is always ready and willing to give me an answer. Excellent school! Thank you!

Being an involved parent, I am always aware of my childs academics and attendance. The use of powerschool is a service provided to keep parents informed and aware of their childs progress. That says organized to me!

This school is unorganized and won't contact you if you're child isn't doing well in classes.

Academically this school speaks for itself but it is the students and their behavior that is very troubling. This school does not enforce its rules on bullying and those that bully know that they will not be held responsible and this is a very large problem This issue not reflected in the test scores. There are social groups in this school and life is terrible for a child that is not in one of these social groups.

This school has excellent staff, teachers, coaches, programs, and classes. The athletic program helps students get involved. And the classes and teachers aren't scary.

Last modified Summit Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.