Posted April 15, 2014
I was very excited to send our son to Haverhill for Kindergarten, However, I have had one to many issues with staff lacking communication (when it is important) to parents and poor decision making with monitors and instructional assistants. Principal is lacking leadership and organization as well.

Posted August 09, 2013
We love Haverhill! It's a smaller (student popluation) school nestled in a quiet neighborhood. The teachers are top-notch. Our kids have grown so much here.

Haverhill Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
My kids have been going to this school going on the 3rd year and my youngest will be starting kindergarten this year. I love the school, the fun programs they have for the kids, most of the teachers are wonderful and very involved with my children's education! The only problems I have with this school is they are always asking for money for the school, all the time my kids are coming home with fundraisers or if they want to do any activities with the school they have to pay. I feel kids that maybe some parents may not have the money or finanacial problems and therefore their kids have to miss out on the fun if they can't pay! Another issue I have is with the front office, they can be VERY rude and act as if they have nopatience (especially the new receptionist)! The principal has been rude to me as well and I feel that if your not volunteering at the school at every single event the principal will not be as friendly as she is with the parents that can help at every activity! I feel some of the staff at the front can be very judgemental! Other than that, the school is WONDERFUL!

Posted January 13, 2013
My child has gone to this school for 2 years. She has never been in a class with more than 18 students. And I have seen the school hire additional teachers when a class size grows beyond that. It is a small school and offers support beyond the classroom. There are groups for children dealing with loss and a very effective anti bullying program. The office has always been very responsive when I've had a problem no matter how small. And I have found every teacher to be friendly and kind to myself and my children. Also my child's test scores improved over the private school she was attending before coming to Haverhill. I love love love this school. Have doubts? Go visit

Posted June 19, 2011
I hated going here. The administrator and counselor aren't the best. i wish i had a better administrator and counselor. Teachers are wonderful! Well, except for a few, but you know how that is. Every school has mainly good teachers, but they can't all be heaven-sent. I wish that the school offered activities that would be more entertaining for the upper grade levels as well as the younger. I guess the school was okay, just not where I would want my kids to go.

Haverhill Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2011
love the school teahers are great. only problem I have is too many students per teacher..

Haverhill Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2010
Any positive comments about the principal must have been written by the principal herself. I have not met a single parent or teacher who thinks she is anything but a cold, callous administrator who is there to run a business, not a school. The front office and teachers are FAB-U-LOUS and deserve medals for dealing with that woman everyday!

Posted June 07, 2010
I do not agree with last comment. I have been in the school to volunteer several times each week for the last six years and have never experienced a problem with the front office staff. They are always very friendly and professional. Haverhill is a wonderful school. It really feels like a family because the teachers and staff work so well together. The principal has many fun programs to encourage the love of learning. Volunteers are welcomed and you will find parents throughout the school each day. My children love this school and have received an excellent education with the added bonus of the superb art and music programs. The school is located inside the Haverhill housing addition where there are many sidewalks and walking paths. It also has a great playground, ball diamond and is close to a small forest for nature studies. Great School!!!

Posted March 02, 2010
Great Teachers horrible front office personnel

Posted July 17, 2009
My children have done so well at this school, the teachers are so caring and helpful. We have never had any problems and we have always been informed with our children's progress.

Haverhill Elementary School
4725 Weatherside Run, Fort Wayne, IN  46804
Last modified Haverhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haverhill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.