PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 05, 2016
Mrs. Amy Scott, first grade teacher, is an amazing asset to Ascension. She displays kindness, patience and caring to all her children. Each child feels truly special as she encourages them, not only through their educational achievements, but their walk with Christ. We are truly blessed to have her as part of the amazing team at Ascension.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
I would say "thanks" to everyone who makes this the wonderful place it is. It takes a village is no joke... I'm happy to be a part of a great environment!

Posted December 10, 2015
Being at Ascension is like being part of a family! Through good or hard times there are great people to help you through!

Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 10, 2015
My husband and I are so grateful for Ascension. It continues to be an excellent place for our two sons to grow academically and spiritually. We recommend it to any parent interested in finding a school with an outstanding and caring staff, strong academic standards and a safe and loving atmosphere.

Posted April 27, 2014
Great school for our children. We love the community and educational standards! The responsibility our kids have learned is amazing.

Posted April 25, 2014
We are an exemplary, A-rated, peschool-8th grade Lutheran school where children grow in Christ. Here are other details about our school: 143 wonderful students, 10 full-time and 8 part-time top-notch staff members, beautiful facility, well-stocked library, up-to-date technology, extracurricular sports for grades 4-8, strings, band, choir, handbells, and piano instruction, before and after school and enrichment classes.

Posted January 08, 2014
Former student. Great school, I did not start ascension until the fourth grade and the small Christian environment gave me close friends I will never forget. The close one-on-one student teacher aspect the school offers is great for those who want caring help and an open classroom. As ascension does not offer a way to learn ahead of your grade level as many public schools are now pushing advanced courses. I felt very prepared when moving on to honors and advanced classes in my public high school. As I love the big public school environment, I believe the small private school environment helped me build close friends and a learning experience I would never be able to receive growing up in a large public school.

Posted February 25, 2012
We have had children at Ascension since 1998 and could not imagine having our children at any other school. The pastor, principal, teachers, parents and students all work together to make this the best experience that you could imagine for your child. Our first child to graduate from Ascension went on to achieve the Concordia Scholar Award at Concordia Lutheran High School and we give much credit to the caring, top-rate education that he received at Ascension. He and his brother who has also graduated from Ascension are both active in the church and look forward to their months that their group ushers. We have one son remaining at Ascension and he is doing very well academically also. The teachers truly care for each and every child and go out of their way to make sure that each child can be successful. The parent involvement is fantastic, and our new families are encouraged to join in which just makes our school that much stronger. Once again, I cannot sing the praises of Ascension Lutheran Church and School strongly enough and would encourage any family searching for a Christ centered education for their children to stop in and check out Ascension. You will be amazed!

Posted November 18, 2009
I am consistently inspired and humbled by the spiritual commitment of Ascension's staff and congregants to provide an exemplary, Christ-centered experience for their students. Ascension is growing by leaps and bounds thanks to a consistent dedication of time, talents and offerings from the greater church community. With each new growth spurt, the school has prayerfully moved in a Christ-centered direction. That unwavering spiritual focus is apparent in each staffer's passion for excellence both in and out of the classroom. An Ascension child is a loved child. Each in his/her own way, the child is an achiever, a leader, a teammate, an explorer, a child of God and shining light that is handled with great care each step of the way. I'm looking forward to sending my own children to the school one day. Cultivated in God's grace and love, Ascension is a wonderful place to grow!

Posted August 15, 2009
Our family came to Ascension when the kids were in grades 1, 4 and 6. All three graduated with the best education academically, spiritually and socially. Ascension offered great opportunity for involvement in sports, music, drama, and art. If you are looking for a school that has teachers, principal, staff and pastor working together in the best interest of your child, this is your school.

8811 Saint Joe Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46835
Last modified Ascension Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.