Posted April 28, 2014
Deer Ridge School has a terrific music specialist in Sue Caudill. She directed the elementary school choir for " Circle the State with Song" this weekend. To hear hundreds of children from many area schools singing together in perfect harmony, was a great, joyful, experience. This school is fortunate to have Mrs.Caudill on their staff!

Posted February 25, 2013

Deer Ridge Elementary 2

Posted September 27, 2012
My son went to Deer Ridge for 3 yrs before that he was at a small private school that he and I both Loved. We didnt feel the school very welcoming. The first impression from the school is the secretary which was dreadful everytime you have to come in contact with her as she is not friendly at all. My kids go to another SWAC school and love it:)

Posted April 24, 2012
I'm not sure what some of the posters expect about racial diversity from this school. They cannot help who does and does not live in their school district. I speak from experience as I have three kids in this school. All of them do very well but expect parent involvement or this will not be the school for you. There is excellent communication between teachers including phone numbers and email. I could not imagine sending my kids anywhere else. A certain third grade teacher named Pam turned my uninterested, low test scores kid into a straight A student who is actually interested in his homework and school a few years back. He continues to do well to this day. Maybe it is just the way I went to school, but it does seem SACS plays revolving doors with school principles. This school never seems to have the same one more than three years in a row.

Posted April 20, 2011
We moved here from out of state and checked out all the schools in the southwest srea and Deer Ridge was rated #1. That's why we moved to this area. Our child goes to the school and really loves it. the teachers and the students were very welcoming towards our child. We are very happy with Deer Ridge. The teachers are wonderful, love their jobs, very willing to help out in any way. I have very much enjoyed helping out at the school. The other parents have been very friendly and welcoming. This elementary is alot better than the one my child went to.

Posted April 19, 2011
Deer Ridge has historically been a very strong school with dedicated teachers, staff and extremely involved parents. The incredible musicals are just an example of this dedication--the staff and parents definitely go above and beyond.

Posted July 15, 2010
We chose the southwest area of Fort Wayne for the schools and we're so glad we did! Deer Ridge has been an excellent school for my kids. Most of the teachers are excellent and love their jobs and it's evident! What I really appreciate is not just the academic focus, but the character focus. The motto is "Treat People Right and Do the Right Thing". They integrate that into the curriculum. It's been a great school and I would recommend it to anyone.

Deer Ridge Elementary 0

Posted September 20, 2009
We have just moved to the area there are 4 kindergarden classes 22 in a class. The school is large. It is too early to tell how this school will be. You will receive a car pool number to receive your child. Most kids take the bus. The gifted or alpha program is in another school the students are bused there and you must test for it during the following school year or year prior to coming to Deer Ridge. Teachers seem motivated and there is a structured curriculum.

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted February 08, 2009
Deer Ridge is the best. Great teachers and great students. This is a high achieving school. People who jsut send their kid to scholl and don't participate will find it hard to fit in as parents are very active.

Deer Ridge Elementary
1515 South Scott Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46814
Last modified Deer Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Ridge Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top