Posted January 06, 2014
Canterbury has a unique education. Everyone learns a language...even the two year olds(they learn French). Starting at third grade they can play an instrument. There is also finacial aid to those who need it. Highly recommend . I'm in 6th grade, played volleyball,basketball, gotten all A's and 1 b+, and are going to play soccer and participate in the middle school musical. Definitely not like any other school. I have 14 including me in my class.

Canterbury School 1

Posted November 03, 2013
After sending my kids through their first year at Canterbury High School, I realized that was one of the biggest mistakes I've made. There is no reason to pay almost $15,000 when hardly any of the new incoming Freshmen students do. The school gives out many "academic" scholarships but really their just allowing good soccer and girls basketball players with often poor grades into the school for a fraction of the price. As a parent, Canterbury has done nothing but frustrate me, and it seems pointless to spend all of this money for a good education when I have some of the best public schools in the state nearby in Homestead and Carroll with great academic programs comparable to Canterbury.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 11, 2013
Teachers really want students to know information, make themselves available as well as resources available. Teachers/administrators "raise the bar" for academic & behavior expectations. Help is available for those who need it but the entire class is not held back if one student is having issues. If extra help is warranted it is provided. Truly a unique school.

Posted September 05, 2013
What a wonderful school.. and they do offer financial aid...It is a great college prep school and if your child is ready to work hard and get a great education, send them to Canterbury. I am so glad I did.

Canterbury School 1

Posted June 28, 2013
Wealthy parents are rude, recruiting of athletes not paying their $14,000 in annual tuition is out of control, major drug usage in student body that parents (and school recruiters) actively deny to help sell the school, kids have no idea of real world and administration aggressively slams other area schools while using any method of sales to persuade your child to enroll. Overall, you could not pay me to send my child to Canterbury. Homestead High School can provide the same education while saving you $14,000 per year.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 19, 2012
Canterbury High School has been a wonderful experience for my son who will be sophomore this year. Where else can he play three sports and play an instrument in the jazz band? The curriculum is challenging, but the teachers are always willing to help students who need it. The class sizes are small. They offer summer classes for the incoming freshmen and sophomores. Overall making this investment in your child's education is totally worth it.

Posted November 17, 2010
I highly disagree with comments that Canterbury is non-diverse and has cramped classrooms. My peers from other public schools have told me their classes have 25 to 30 people in them. I was shocked. My largest class has 18 and the average size of my classes is 16 students. For high school, that is a great student to teacher ratio. As for the non-diverse statement, while the majority of students are caucasian, I have so many friends of other ethnicities. It really give my learning a deeper feel. Teachers are great. The actually CARE about the students. I feel comfortable coming in after school for help with my papers. Some teachers even give out their cell-phone numbers for students to call and arrange meetings. The students are my favorite part of Canterbury. As one of my friends that transferred here stated aptly "people are actually nice here!" I haven't ever felt threatened at Canterbury and bullying is absolutely not tolerated. I feel as if Canterbury is the best school for me to thrive in.

Posted July 24, 2010
This school prepares the student for college. It is excellent in teaching time managgement. It is excellent in teaching individual responsibility. The prep for college writing is beyond anyone else. Athletics includes an "all inclusive" approach - so if you want to try soccer or baseball you will have the opportunity to be on a team and play. My daughter was a National Merit Finalist as well as attending an Ivy college. It is a great education with people you want your kids to think of as their peers. You will not like the cost but you will love the results from this education.

Posted November 17, 2009
i've just begun going to Canterbury H.S. and i can honestly say that it challenges you. The standards the teachers set for you are tremendous. Even though its hard so far, i know it it going to pay off because the teachers stick with you every bit of the way to help you become better. With every class i have trouble, a teacher is willing to give up their spare time to make sure i understand. I like overall, and its a nice environment where you don't have to worry about constant fighting or any bullying, everyone just chill. I like it alot.

Canterbury School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
We moved our child from public schools to Canterbury and hands down it was the best decision ever. Bullying is simply not tolerated and that is not an exaggeration. If anything it is an understatement. The environment is amazing and the teachers truly rally behind each student. They encourage parent involvement and we can even call the teachers at home if we have questions about homework. We can e-mail them and communicate with them in order to help our child be more successful. It is worth absolutely every penny. The children are not snotty. They are actually some of the nicest, most respectful kids I've encountered. If you want to give your kid an opportunity to excel in an environment filled with support then send them to Canterbury.

Canterbury School