Bad
Good

Posted April 14, 2016
I was disappointed to see a 7 rating for this school. It deserves a 8 or 9 and aboite elementary should be the one getting a 7. All elementary school students who opt into the alpha program get bussed to aboite which then in turn brings there testing scores. It a political BS move within the school system. If all alpha kids stayed at there own schools I'm pretty sure aboite elementary would get about a 6 rating.

Posted March 15, 2014
Covington Elementary is a fantastic place to be an involved parent and an even more fabulous place to be a student. It has a large student population, but it never feels like that as the staff, particularly the principal, seem to know us all by name and treat us like family. I find the staff to be very friendly, knowledgeable and I can't think of a better place for my children to begin their educational careers. The open door policy (with a background check on file) allows for me to volunteer in my children's classrooms or work in the teacher workroom as much as my schedule allows.

Covington Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2013
The only complaint I have is that they completely rearrange the students every year. My son is in the 2nd grade and only has 1 kid in his class that he has been with before. He is shy and is just starting to make new friends when the school year is over. Then he goes to the next grade and doesn't know anybody. The process starts over. However, the academic environment is as close to perfect as I could imagine.

Posted February 02, 2012
This school is awesome!!! My oldest child attended for 2 years and she loved it. The staff is friendly, the school is neat and clean, and the principal is so nice. I couldn't ask for a better school for my children.

Posted September 21, 2010
You cannot beat the positive, can-do attitude at Covington Elementary. Our principal, Fred Graf, emphasizes treating people right & doing the right thing, and the kids respond! The teachers are upbeat and enthusiastic about their jobs. I volunteer there weekly, and I am always impressed with the smiles from the kids and teachers. My kids are getting a great education at Covington!

Posted March 01, 2009
We have had three children attend this school and they have all had great experiences there. The principal is very involved with the parents and children. We have been pleased with all of the teachers our children have had. The music teachers are fantastic. Every grade puts on a musical each year. The school itself is nearly brand new, so the technology there is very up to date and there are a dizzying number of computers in the school. The school is surrounded by the best neighborhoods in SW Allen County.

Posted December 04, 2008
My son is in first grade at Covington and we have been so impressed with the teachers, principal, staff and parents/children here. They work with each child at their level instead of teaching to each child at one level. Our son actually asks to do his homework and enjoys going to school every day. Parents seem very involved and the school invites parent volunteers into the classroom as often as once a week if you have the time. It's a wonderful school. We feel very fortunate.

Posted January 23, 2008
My daughter has attended Covington since the third grade and is currently in the fifth grade. I have been very impressed with the teaching staff, as well as the teachers of the 'specials' classes (science, art, music, etc.). The administrative staff and support staff are also exceptional. One of the reasons I moved to this area was because of the quality of the schools, and I have not been disappointed. My daughter loves it here and her grades are outstanding. What more could you ask for?

Posted April 06, 2006
We have two boys here, second and third grades. Teachers work hard to bring out the best in all kids, regardless of abilites. Both boys attend math classes that best suit their needs...the classes are divided according to skill. The third grader actuall attends a fourth grade math class. In some schools he would be ignored because he was 'on target' and not concerned about his falling behind. Here they nurture all the kids and their individuality. Enrichment courses are offered to those that are interested (at a nominal fee)...music, art, cooking, sports---you name it, thet probably offer it! The principal knows the kids and parents from what I've observed. The kids' 'extras'---music, art, gymn, science...have separate teachers specializing in this area. Maybe this is the 'norm' these days, but I have friends in other districts where this is not the case. We are moving to Ohio and will be sad to leave.

2430 West Hamilton Road South, Fort Wayne, IN  46814
Last modified Covington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.