Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is the second year one of my daughters attended this school. It has not been a good experience either year. The teachers she has had do not work well with us and one even said she didn't give homework because "she doesn't like to have to grade them". The lice issue was aweful and even with repeated calling and going into the school, the issue was never fully handled to satisfaction. It cost us lots of money to continue to battle with it for the longest time. They restrict bathroom use and it resulted in a major uti for my child. We had to get a doctors note to allow her to use the bathroom when needed. (This is after repeated accidents and the uti) because she was terrified to ask to go. (Wonder why that is). My kindergarteners experience, on the other hand, has been amazing. Her teachers go above and beyond to help her and stay in contact with us in every single area of her education. We love Mrs. Murphy and Mrs O'shaughnessy!!! They both get an amazing review from us! Those ladies are the only real positive experience we've had with this school. Because of this, they will not be attending next year.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Mrs Murphy and Mrs O'shaunessy are the only teachers we have had a positive experience with.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

We had a teacher say they didn't assign homework because they didn't like to grade it.

This school is riddled with lice and the administration refuses to do Anthony about the problem.

My daughters teacher really cares about her students education. We work together on her educational growth and development.

My child's kindergarten year overall has been iffy. She could have had a better experience.

Develops character: Disagree

They teach the children to keep secrets. And they encourage bullying by not reprimanding all involved parties.

I moved to Ft. Wayne in the middle of the school year. When we made an appointment to tour the school and find out more, they went above and beyond and did preliminary testing on my kids for their Math and English levels. (I had one that was younger than Indiana cutoff and One struggling with reading) This helped so much in determining where they fit for Indiana schools. It might have 700 kids but the administration takes time to know all of them. Our only problem has been busing issues, but that's more my neighborhood than the school. The school has always taken care of the bus issue when I called. The low score is very misleading, given the number of foreign students just learning english. I just wish more parents would be involved.

Too many children, in too small of an area. Does not give individual attention to most students. Staff does NOT work willingly with parents or pyschologists, even though they deem it important. Will NOT be going back there next fall.

I love Forest Park because they have taken the time to really get to know my two children and their learning styles & accomodated them according to that style. Also from the administration to the teachers and the principal they have made me motivated to get involved in my child's educational career. My daughter just started middle school and that same ethic has spilled out to that school. They are passionate, loving and just a humble school to have your kids in.

Last modified Forest Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.