Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Were not even finished with the first week of school this year 2016 and my daughter is coming home saying her teacher grabbed her by the back of the shirt and pulled her back and told her to SHUT UP my daughter loved school until now!

Poor teachers that don't actually teach anything, no consequences for violent behavior from special needs children, violent special needs child left unattended while he assaulted my child and was given no repercussions.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My children just started this school last year and in the first week, my son got constantly badgered by his teacher because apparently she has no patience for a child not hearing her the first time she says something. Then my son was assaulted by a special needs child while the teacher was not in the room and the childs "aid" was apparently not paying attention to him at all. Oh, and absolutely NOTHING was done about it, the boy was not even suspended and my son was absolutely traumatized because he was just trying to help the boy with his work. Now my daughter on the other hand, gets along with everyone and has never had a bad comment about her, but she learns NOTHING from her teacher, she comes home and has no idea what she is doing with her work. I might as well be homeschooling her! I cannot wait to get my kids out of this school, the children are all foul mouthed and ill-mannered and the teachers are lazy or so strict our children aren't allowed to speak.

If you had asked me to rate this school last year, I would have given them a much lower score. Principal White has really turned things around as far as the experience my children and I have had. There are some really wonderful teachers (others I think should really find a new profession). It seems so far that the new teachers he has hired are quality educators. I had been considering relocating my family to get away from the problems we had before, but I am optimistic that this improvement will continue and grow.

This school is horrible. Needs a state review. Only good thing they have going for them is Mrs. Williams 4th grade.

My oldest did wonderfully at this school, but as time as passed I feel like things are just going downhill. There are teachers that are GREAT, you just have to do your research. Others just don't do so well and it is the parent's responsibility to push. Definitely disappointed with the principal and his lack to follow through. Things jsut are not the same anymore and I can't wait to be done with this elementary school.

Haley Elementary has pockets of good teachers in each grade. You need to really watch for the ones who aren't up to standard. We were lucky to have mrs. Barney for two years. She is one amazing educator! out of all of theteachers, she knew what she was teaching and really understood my child and his needs.

Been at Haley for 4 years. This year is not so good. Unorganized class, disruptive students. I do not feel like my son is getting the best education this year. But the rest of the years have been wonderful. I do like the reading programs. And my son likes his class, but not enough 'work' this year in my eyes.

great school. focuses on reading great family fun programs to attend. good school to attend.

I think that Haley is a wonderful school.. great teachers and curriculum.

Last modified J Wilbur Haley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.