Bad
Good

Kekionga Middle School 1

Posted March 17, 2015
My son was bullied daily by multiple students. I called 2-3 times to speak to the staff about it. They believed having my kid confront his bullies in the school office would solve everything. Ha! Eventually my kid was suspended for involvement in a fight with one of his bullies (twice his size). The principal declined to return my phone calls, as did the FWCS administrative office. We moved out of the district. His new school is unbelievably better - and no more bullying. On a side note, not that my kid ever complained about it, but he never received homework. The academic standards there seem pretty low. I went to one parent-teacher meeting there, where his only available teacher said, "if I'm not doodling, I'm not listening to a word you're saying." He wasn't doodling.

Kekionga Middle School 3

Posted July 31, 2012
when do we sign up for it for this school can someone tell me ?

Kekionga Middle School 1

Posted August 10, 2010
I hate this school. I have been there for a week and got in 3 fights.

Kekionga Middle School 3

Posted December 13, 2005
I think that Kekionga is doing probably the best they can with what they have. The level of parental involvement is unfortunately out of the schools control. Very few parents attend the events (music concerts, award ceremonies) that I have attended. I have an eighth grader who has been in the Montessori program all three years - which is the reason we chose Kekionga at all. I cannot speak to the parental involvement in sports, as I do not have a child that is involved in sports. The extracurricular activities I am sure were impacted by budget cuts, so again the school is doing what it can with what it has. The Montessori program moving to Geyer, I think, will be a loss to the school overall.

Kekionga Middle School 5

Posted February 08, 2005
kekionga has a good sport team and avery nice staff all the teachers understand what your cghild needs and needs to learn .when your child needs to be challenge they will do that for you .when your child gets in trubble they will punish tem in the right way but not in the way they like or not. the principal here is alot better than the other one they had in the past.And by the way kids at kekionga is aloud to chew gum.

Kekionga Middle School
2929 Engle Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46809
Last modified Kekionga Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.