Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

There seems to be a pervasive bullying atmosphere and it's getting in the way of my child's education. He's getting beat-up on the bus (comes home bruised) and gets made fun of constantly. The bus is also very over-crowded (100 children per bus so they're sitting 3 to a seat). I drive him in but I work until 5 so he has to take the bus home. Although the school has anti-bullying propaganda all over the folders home, no staff has taken appropriate action when a child asks for help (not just my child). When he finally did fight back (returned fire) he was suspended from the bus for a week while the other kids who consistently beat him up suffered no consequences. The bullies are 5th graders and my son is in first grade. I've seen his confidence slip, his mood consistently sour, and his grades slip. On another note, my child is bored with the classroom. His teacher is excellent and I know her hands are tied to the curriculum (a common public school problem). I am currently seeking another residence to get my son out of this school. I do not recommend it... especially if you have a smart, sensitive child.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Trying to get an IEP for a child is worse than pulling teeth. The kiddo is set aside.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Compassion and respect are completely lacking. The school is more worried about covering it's own butt than developing character in its students.

Philosophically, I would not choose Southwest School District since my friend's child is isolated in his class because his dad had Phd, but was not a physician. and Northwest schools is extremely traditional, and much religious influence. If you look at test scores of Lincoln as well, it is in 80%s and this tells you that despite any backgrounds children might come from, the school makes it happen.

We have been a part of the Lincoln community for a total of 7 years (oldest to youngest.) Love the safe environment, academic focus, and high expectations. Teachers are very focused on making sure all the students reach their goals. New principal this year and it's a fresh change. The students could benefit from a more active parent group in the PTA.

I would not reccomend this school to anyone who has a special needs child. My child was there for two days and I pulled her out. First of all if your child is a car rider it is a mess for drop off and pick up. I have to walk my kid in each day and there was no where to park, and also was told that I couldn't after the first two days of school even though I told the staff over and over that my child has special needs. The majority of the staff was rude and not good with answering questions. I felt like the school was not safe, one person attending approximatly 40 kids outside at drop off in the morning, I saw little kids standing off the sidewalk, no one paying attention to them. When I pulled my child out the second day I asked to talk to the principle first, and he was busy. I left a message for him to please call me, he never did. The reseptionist called the classroom for my child, I waited 5 minutes, she still wasn't there so I walked down the hall looking for her. I found her alone, looking scared because she had no idea how to get to the office (mind you she has special needs) I'm wondering why somebody didn't show her. Needless to say, she will not be going back.

We really like this school. Seem to be a pretty positive place for our kids. Most of the parents are active with kids. Would like to see a program in place for academically gifted.

The staff at Lincoln Elementary are very wonderful and caring people, I'm proud to have my child attend this school.

Lincoln Elementary has been and continues to be an excellent school for my children to attend. All 3 of my children have been going there since kindergarten. The staff and teacher have been absolutely wonderful. I have nothing but praise for Lincoln and their caring staff. My children will have fond memories of their elementary school! Lincoln Elementary deserves an A+++++

The staff at Lincoln is the best. I can't think of a more derserving school!

Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.