Bad
Good

Posted April 10, 2014
Philosophically, I would not choose Southwest School District since my friend's child is isolated in his class because his dad had Phd, but was not a physician. and Northwest schools is extremely traditional, and much religious influence. If you look at test scores of Lincoln as well, it is in 80%s and this tells you that despite any backgrounds children might come from, the school makes it happen.

Posted April 21, 2013
We have been a part of the Lincoln community for a total of 7 years (oldest to youngest.) Love the safe environment, academic focus, and high expectations. Teachers are very focused on making sure all the students reach their goals. New principal this year and it's a fresh change. The students could benefit from a more active parent group in the PTA.

Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2012
I would not reccomend this school to anyone who has a special needs child. My child was there for two days and I pulled her out. First of all if your child is a car rider it is a mess for drop off and pick up. I have to walk my kid in each day and there was no where to park, and also was told that I couldn't after the first two days of school even though I told the staff over and over that my child has special needs. The majority of the staff was rude and not good with answering questions. I felt like the school was not safe, one person attending approximatly 40 kids outside at drop off in the morning, I saw little kids standing off the sidewalk, no one paying attention to them. When I pulled my child out the second day I asked to talk to the principle first, and he was busy. I left a message for him to please call me, he never did. The reseptionist called the classroom for my child, I waited 5 minutes, she still wasn't there so I walked down the hall looking for her. I found her alone, looking scared because she had no idea how to get to the office (mind you she has special needs) I'm wondering why somebody didn't show her. Needless to say, she will not be going back.

Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
We really like this school. Seem to be a pretty positive place for our kids. Most of the parents are active with kids. Would like to see a program in place for academically gifted.

Posted October 09, 2009
The staff at Lincoln Elementary are very wonderful and caring people, I'm proud to have my child attend this school.

Posted October 08, 2009
Lincoln Elementary has been and continues to be an excellent school for my children to attend. All 3 of my children have been going there since kindergarten. The staff and teacher have been absolutely wonderful. I have nothing but praise for Lincoln and their caring staff. My children will have fond memories of their elementary school! Lincoln Elementary deserves an A+++++

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff at Lincoln is the best. I can't think of a more derserving school!

Posted September 15, 2009
I have 3 children. 1 has gone all the way through and I have the other 2 there now. I think the teachers and staff are great. They work so well with the children. My youngest started there last year and she had such a hard time going to school at first. Her teacher and many others working at the school worked with her and helped her through it. Now she is in 1st grade and she loves it!!

Posted August 22, 2008
My daughter has attended Lincoln Elem since Kindergarten. We are VERY happy with the education she has received. The staff is very caring and high standard people!

Posted July 10, 2007
My son went to Lincoln and it was a very dissapointing experience. His teacher never addressed the bullying that went on (neither did the principal). My son is [now] in a new (and higher rated) school district. He is an honor student and has been elected to his high school student council. His teacher [at Lincoln] had the attitude 'I've been teaching for twenty years' and was condescending to us a[s] parents. She comtinually made us feel as if we did not know anything about educating children (Masters Degree here).

1001 East Cook Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46825
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.