Lindley Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2012
I was very happy with this school for my daughter in Kindergarten and 1st grade. However once she got into 2nd grade I noticed less Spanish and grades getting bad. She just finished 4th grade. I'm very disappointed in the teachers and the new principal. This school has gone downhill real fast. A lot of parents are not happy and some are not bringing their children back next year. I don't want to change my daughters school for the last year. But I will not continue to go on to Portage Middle School.

Lindley Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2012
I like Lindley, I always have. I went to Lindley k-5 and had a great experience. I had some great educators and came out of there feeling prepared both socially and academically. I was excited to send my son there because I wanted him to have a great start to an education like I did. All and all, that has been the case thus far. (he is only in 1st gr.) I think that Lindley has some really great teachers that truly care about our children. We have a new principle and she seems to be doing a good job. I appreciate her "no nonsense" attitude. I feel like Mr. Arthur was a nice guy but he was not getting the job done properly. Our test scores & stats could be higher however, I think we are working on that. Now for the only neg aspect I have found so far. I am not sure this Spanish immersion program is what it is cracked up to be. When my son was in kindergarten, I was amazed by the info he was retaining in another language. Amazing! Yet, it is not the same in first grade. It seems as if the consistency is not there. If our kids are going to benefit from learning another language they need to be consistenly challenged in each grade so by the time they leave Lindley they are near fluency.

Posted December 15, 2009
The teachers at Lindley really care about what their doing. The best group of teachers I've ever seen, I always feel informed. My three kids attended Lindley.

Posted December 07, 2009

Lindley Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2008

Lindley Elementary School 2

Posted July 24, 2008

Posted November 01, 2007
My two children attend Lindley. We are quite satisfied with this school, not only because it teaches academic subjects well and it's the only urban school in town with an immersion program in Spanish. Lindley, I've also noticed, teaches very important ethic values and they reinforce them in every step of the learning process. The philosophy of this school recognizes that education is not only about the data learned in subjects.Teachers are very good, very engaged and enthusiastic about what they are doing. They, as much as possible address the individual needs of every student and they keep in touch with the parents involving them in their children education. Mr. Arthur, the principal,is also doing a great job in running the school efficiently and smoothly. I would recommend this school to any parent without hesitation.

Posted May 30, 2007
We have been really happy with Lindley this year. Our son is in Kindergarten this year and we will continue to send him there through 5th grade. The Spanish program is great and will be a benefit for our son in the future. The school is great about having a parent stop in to check on their child. I took my son to school the other day and I stayed for a hour and a half. His Spanish teacher was fine with it! She's been great this year! The principal, Mr. Arthur, is also a benefit. He really seems to care about the kids and his school! Do not hesitate about sending your child to Lindley!

Posted January 26, 2006

Lindley Elementary School
2201 Ardmore Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN  46802
Last modified Lindley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lindley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.