Fort Wayne, IN

Northcrest Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
I take back my earlier review. This school is uncaring, the teachers are indifferent, and the curriculum is weak. My kids were bullied and the teachers did not listen to them when they were informed of it. The principal snowballed us about it when confronted and my son, who ASKED for the hardest teacher because he wanted to be challenged ended up getting only average grades because the teacher did not care. We are taking them to a school two miles away in city traffic, even though we only live nine houses away from the school.

Posted August 15, 2009
My daughter has been a student at Northcrest since kindergarten. She is on her way to fourth grade this year. Northcrest does have many negative elements, such as bullies, unconcerned staff, and many uninvolved parents. However, this school is a beacon of multi-cultural diversity. The new principal(Mr. Jones) is a wondeful change from the last principal. I believe that if given the proper tools,parent involvement, and a few more teachers who actually care, Northcrest has a shot at being an amazing school. My child earns A's every marking period, she is not alone, there are many brillant young minds at Northcrest. Any parent who feels that their children learn nothing at this(or any) school should look at themselves as a major part of the problem. Parents lay the foundation for learning, teachers simply add blocks to the groundwork that should have already been laid. Get involved!!

Posted April 09, 2007
Unfortunately, this entire year has been a waste. Children are rude and very disrespectful both to teachers and other students. Bullying is a huge problem here and very little is done to stop it. Good students are not recognized or rewarded and are looked down on by other students.

Posted April 04, 2007
There has been a great improvement this year at Northcrest. The principal is doing a wonderful job in keeping a positive learning environment. There has also been a noticeable change on the playground and the bus. Students are actually being held accountable for their actions. If more parents would become involved in their child's education and the school only positive things would happen! Overall, this school still has a long way to go, but progress is being made academically and behaviorally.

Northcrest Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2006
my daughter is in 1st grade this year and it has been a hassle just to get her to go she didnt learn much last year and i admitt this year is looking better as far as learning but there are still issues i am concerned about she get homework every night almost which we are happy about that but this school focuses on english as a second language not on math reading science i see why this school is below state level on tests something needs to be done i say we all take it to the school board but it takes more than one parent to do so state wont give money to schools that are below state level all in favor of going to school board email me at muppetbaby@verizon.net

Posted August 11, 2006
This school is awful. My daughter attended Northcrest for kindergarten and learned nothing except low self esteem. She started school eager to learn and came out afraid to try. The teacher that my daughter had has since quit but she was awful! It seemed that she was there for the paycheck. The kids were constantly left alone in the classroom during the mornings and I can't tell you the number of times I walked in on kids rolling around fighting in the floor before school. I agree the principal does not seem very concerned with issues that the parents have. I also think that before/after school pick up and drop off was a joke. There were kids running all over with no adult supervision...at least not when we were there. Of everyone I knew who had children at this school, they have all put their children in other schools.

Posted October 11, 2005
Teachers seem to try very hard but this school is very, very bad. There is no disipline and there seem to be a disproportionate number of special ed / ESL kids.

Posted March 30, 2005
This is a truly dreadful school. My second grader was constantly bullied and learned nothing. He has essentially forfeited a year of education by attending Northcrest. Discipline is non existent and instruction is ineffective. Chaos rules the hallways and thugs rule the playground. The only thing that Northcrest seems to accomplish is an obsession with multiculturalism .

Posted September 24, 2004
The school would be wonderful with a different principal. The teachers and other staff are caring and listen to parents concerns. Too bad the principal can not do the same. She is often unavailable or too busy to listen to parents concerns when it comes to the school. I am trying to get my child in another school, one where the principal makes time for the students and their parents. If more people would complain, maybe they would investigate just what this principal does not do.

Posted May 10, 2004
Am trying to move just to get out of this school system. Principal is very unconcerned with what happens, doesn't return phone calls and I feel my children would have been more educated taking a year off from school.

Northcrest Elementary School
5301 Archwood Lane, Fort Wayne, IN  46825
Last modified Northcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northcrest Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top