Bad
Good

Portage Middle School 5

Posted November 10, 2010
This School Does Not Have Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs I Used To Be A Student At Portage. I Transfered To Kekionga Middle School. Kekionga Is Way Better Than Portage. Teachers Make Me Feel Safe At Kekionga Middle School. I Transfered Because I Was Being Bullied By Girls At Portage. The Teachers Never Did Anything About It. I Am So Happy With Kekionga !

Portage Middle School 1

Posted November 03, 2010
This school is so run down. My daughter missed 3 days of school at the begining of the year because it was so hot in the classrooms she got sick everyday!

Portage Middle School 1

Posted July 18, 2010
The bully system is the worst. There are fights almost daily. This school should be closed. I am so happy when I transferred my son out of there.

Portage Middle School

Posted March 29, 2010
Portage is a great school. My son is in the 7th grade and really enjoys going to school here. He's been through alot the past 2 years and Portage staff and students have been wonderful! I would definitely refer Portage over any other Middle school in FWCS.

Portage Middle School 5

Posted January 05, 2009
Portage is awesome. They have great rules. THey teach the kids responsibility, but also makes them feel older. They have great programs. If u had 2 choose a middle school,.... portage is the place!

Portage Middle School 2

Posted November 03, 2007
The teachers need to be more personable. Me and my daughter walk around the school, we passed by several staff members and not one person said hello or smiled, nothing. Their needs to more control out front after school, I've seen kids tripping one another, shoving, and wrestling.

Portage Middle School 3

Posted August 13, 2007
This school has some pretty cool teachers, although some of them can be strict. The school is alright over all, but I wish there would be more field trips. So over all I think this school is cool especially when we got a Kelz concert that was awesome!

Portage Middle School 4

Posted February 19, 2006
HI I am a student at Portage. I am in the seventh grade. I agree with most about students bulling others I would like to change that. As well our school is interesting we have lots of fun teachers who help us out with whatever problems we have and also teach us many new things that we haven't learned yet.Gym is great except the test that we have to take. I think that we need more people to be in sports that actually wants to be in the sport. Our coaches need to take it to the next leval to help us win some games. We also need more things to do after school. This paragraph about Portage is done by Christyann McNutt

Portage Middle School 3

Posted December 25, 2005
Im Chris N. And I like portage a lot. I just dont like most of the kids. I would have a lot better experiance at portage without the percent of kids there that dont want to learn.

Portage Middle School 2

Posted November 21, 2005
I am not a parenet but i am a student of portage middle school.So i should know evan better how the school is ran. I also agree that the bully busting system does not work as well as the teachers said it should work. All they do is pop in a couple movies and expect all of our problems to go away. It does not work.There are to many kids going around being bullied at this school. Also the teachers do not really help you with your problems. It seems like they are just there to get the pay check and leave. This school is not a good school to send your child if they do band or orcastra. Portage is not a very good school.

Portage Middle School
3521 Taylor Street, Fort Wayne, IN  46802
Last modified Portage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.