Posted November 10, 2010
This School Does Not Have Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs I Used To Be A Student At Portage. I Transfered To Kekionga Middle School. Kekionga Is Way Better Than Portage. Teachers Make Me Feel Safe At Kekionga Middle School. I Transfered Because I Was Being Bullied By Girls At Portage. The Teachers Never Did Anything About It. I Am So Happy With Kekionga !

Posted November 03, 2010
This school is so run down. My daughter missed 3 days of school at the begining of the year because it was so hot in the classrooms she got sick everyday!

Posted July 18, 2010
The bully system is the worst. There are fights almost daily. This school should be closed. I am so happy when I transferred my son out of there.

Portage Middle School 0

Posted March 29, 2010
Portage is a great school. My son is in the 7th grade and really enjoys going to school here. He's been through alot the past 2 years and Portage staff and students have been wonderful! I would definitely refer Portage over any other Middle school in FWCS.

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
Portage is awesome. They have great rules. THey teach the kids responsibility, but also makes them feel older. They have great programs. If u had 2 choose a middle school,.... portage is the place!

Portage Middle School 2

Posted November 03, 2007
The teachers need to be more personable. Me and my daughter walk around the school, we passed by several staff members and not one person said hello or smiled, nothing. Their needs to more control out front after school, I've seen kids tripping one another, shoving, and wrestling.

Portage Middle School 3

Posted August 13, 2007
This school has some pretty cool teachers, although some of them can be strict. The school is alright over all, but I wish there would be more field trips. So over all I think this school is cool especially when we got a Kelz concert that was awesome!

Posted July 30, 2006

Portage Middle School 4

Posted February 19, 2006
HI I am a student at Portage. I am in the seventh grade. I agree with most about students bulling others I would like to change that. As well our school is interesting we have lots of fun teachers who help us out with whatever problems we have and also teach us many new things that we haven't learned yet.Gym is great except the test that we have to take. I think that we need more people to be in sports that actually wants to be in the sport. Our coaches need to take it to the next leval to help us win some games. We also need more things to do after school. This paragraph about Portage is done by Christyann McNutt

Portage Middle School
3521 Taylor Street, Fort Wayne, IN  46802
Last modified Portage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portage Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.