Bad
Good

I've enever had any bad experience with anyone at the school. The teachers feel very capable, my son has never complained and seems to enjoy it very much.

This School Does Not Have Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs I Used To Be A Student At Portage. I Transfered To Kekionga Middle School. Kekionga Is Way Better Than Portage. Teachers Make Me Feel Safe At Kekionga Middle School. I Transfered Because I Was Being Bullied By Girls At Portage. The Teachers Never Did Anything About It. I Am So Happy With Kekionga !

This school is so run down. My daughter missed 3 days of school at the begining of the year because it was so hot in the classrooms she got sick everyday!

The bully system is the worst. There are fights almost daily. This school should be closed. I am so happy when I transferred my son out of there.

Portage is a great school. My son is in the 7th grade and really enjoys going to school here. He's been through alot the past 2 years and Portage staff and students have been wonderful! I would definitely refer Portage over any other Middle school in FWCS.

Portage is awesome. They have great rules. THey teach the kids responsibility, but also makes them feel older. They have great programs. If u had 2 choose a middle school,.... portage is the place!

The teachers need to be more personable. Me and my daughter walk around the school, we passed by several staff members and not one person said hello or smiled, nothing. Their needs to more control out front after school, I've seen kids tripping one another, shoving, and wrestling.

This school has some pretty cool teachers, although some of them can be strict. The school is alright over all, but I wish there would be more field trips. So over all I think this school is cool especially when we got a Kelz concert that was awesome!

Last modified Portage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.