Washington Center Elementary School 5

Posted April 16, 2014
My son has attended special education pre school here for two years. I noticed huge improvement in his speech in a short time. Miss Cathy is great with connecting the parents to the students school life and keeps you informed of everything need to know. They also do well with involving parents when they can on field trips. The office staff are very nice and sheets helpful. I am very happy with this school.

Posted April 06, 2014
This school I have to say is the worse school for bullying. I have a child that goes to this school and is constantly bullied, and has been since he started here. Then when he can't take the abuse anymore he finally retaliates and is now facing expulsion at 7yrs of age!!! My child has been bullied not only by the students but also by his teacher. I would never tell a parent to send their child to this horrible school, my child will be transferred out of this school as soon as possible because this is unexceptable for a child to go from loving school to begging me not to seen him back there. They should be ashamed. This is MY child's future that they are messing with.

Posted March 02, 2014
In the 10 yrs of 3 of my children going to school, we have came across 3 good teachers that communicate with parents and consider whats "for the childs best interest." I get that we are suppose to ALL work as a team yet even the principal and others work as their own team against parent/child. My kids deal with bullying almost daily which the whole class has to be punished! As a concerned parent they will hold your child accountable for telling parent about whats going on in class. Have to say there is 1 kindergarden teacher that started 2yrs ago and made our family feel comfortable with this school.Luckily we were blessed with a 1st grade teacher that shows great compassionate and caring in your child. We have had major staff turnover and no consistancy with teachers/principals. Too much nonsense going on here and feeds into 1 of the worst schools in the state Shawnee Middle School.

Posted June 28, 2012
good school ,the staff is great, but please keep it up ,the school has not always been this way.

Posted June 20, 2012
I believe this to be a good school but feel the teachers are quick to judge. I also feel they have a lack of understanding of what Autism is, and how it can come in a wide range on the spectrum. This lack of understanding, and judging creates a feeling of not being welcome or understood. While the education is about the child so should the circumstances of the families be taken into account and not judged if they honestly are doing their best to be super parents. I do not like that the teachers act as if they are better then the parents. They are not! They should be less judgmental when they have no factual information to judge on. Also I feel they do not meet state standards and stretch the capability of the children to pass state standards. Ultimately failing the children by saying they can complete task they can not complete.

Posted May 04, 2011
Mediocre at best. Communication is poor. Our child is not a stellar student and behavior is an issue. We let each teacher, each year, know this at the start. We offered to work with each teacher, each year, in whatever way worked best for her to deal with his behavior and keep grades up. We are never informed when tests are coming up, we rarely get papers sent home, we sometimes go from As/Bs to Ds/Fs with no warning from the teacher that grades have suddenly dropped. It isn't until conferences that we were told one year that he consistently was getting Fs on math tests. We had no idea. We are active parents as much as we possibly can be. Yet, how can we help our child if we are not aware of problems until they are HUGE? The teachers are either unconcerned or overburdened or both.

Posted April 28, 2011
My children have been at this school for four years... and yes the new pricipal is better however communication to parents if very poor. Unless your child is struggling or having behavior problems you hear nothing. They donot update website send information or anything you are essentially getting information out of your kids and they don't know the difference. You walk into the office and one secretary is kind and the other looks and acts like she hates everyone even herself. I heard her and a administrator complaining about their jobs and the children right in front of me and a student they were working with I couldn't believe my eyes and ears

Washington Center Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
The new principle is great! This is what the school needed and now they are shining!

Washington Center Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Washington Center School is a biilinguil school. They have great teachers and good repoire with the students.

Washington Center Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2008

Washington Center Elementary School
1936 West Wallen Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46818
Last modified Washington Center Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Center Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top