Wayne High School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
As a parent, I notice the best reviews are from current students who have not attended good educational systems or from teachers who have personal bias in the subject. Wayne consistantly scores below average in all areas and does not promote or support students who try to reach higher educational marks. They hold back students attempting to lift themselves above the school norm by constantly deleting advanced curriculum or changing the way credits are awarded. They even withhold classes from students until the Junior or Senior year so they cannot accelerate their graduation and move on to college! Wayne is not about education or opportunity for our children, it is more about time served for their indoctrinational goals. Wayne suffers numerous systemic, organizaitonal, academic and leadership probelms but the most nefarious is the holding back or dumbing down policies that have reached the level of a religious mantra. There are just too many problems with Wayne to address in this short forum, let's just say "Wayne should have higher goals for our kids than trying to box them into a life of social services and imprisoning those children who who try to reach higher dreams."

Wayne High School 0

Posted May 24, 2009
Wayne High School is a great school. Yes their are some teachers who dont know how to teach. For the most part they do a great job. This is my senior year and I have went to wayne all four years. I wouldnt go to a different school for anything. It does have problems with fights just like any other school in Fort Wayne Community. The administrators and teachers do their best to have a safe and positive learning enviroment. I personally think wayne high school should be rated 8 out of 10

Posted October 12, 2008

Wayne High School 5

Posted October 07, 2008
I'm a former student and now a current teacher. Wayne has its problems, but it isn't any different than any other city school. Teachers teach to the best of their abilities, why wouldn't we? We do have a number of students that struggle, hence the low ISTEP scores. But don't let the ISTEP scores reflect the education put forward for your student. There were a few posts that mention they didn't learn anything at Wayne, don't believe it is the teachers fault, maybe it is the student's fault? A lot of blame is wrongly placed on the teachers, the teachers can only teach to students who what to learn. Wayne is a good school with a bad reputation because of scores. You know your child, some will come here and get caught up with the wrong crowd, others will mature and become part of the proud Generals family.

Posted September 23, 2008

Wayne High School 1

Posted June 04, 2008
I go to Wayne right now...I will be a Senior next year...the teachers are extremely nice, but they don't teach anything...

Wayne High School 5

Posted February 19, 2006
- a former student
I atended this school for two years and it was such a great school for me. The teachers where the best I have ever had and they tought me alot. And also their art programs are Awesome! There are if I remember over eight diffrent art class excluding music. Of which I took all the major ones. And their chior program is also great as well as most other programs.

Posted February 19, 2005
Whs has terribly low standards which is reflected on the istep scores. Too many inner city kids are bused to whs, which reflects in its poor scores. I would not encourage anyone to attend. The sports also stink.

Posted September 30, 2004
- a former student
This school has the lowest standarts of education I ever seen. I'm in college now and don't have enough knowledge. Think it ower before letting your kid to attend this school.

Wayne High School 4

Posted September 09, 2003

Wayne High School
9100 Winchester Road, Fort Wayne, IN  46819
Last modified Wayne High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wayne High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top