Fort Wayne, IN

Willard Shambaugh Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2014
I am appalled by the comment and acquisition made against Mrs. Noel. All 3 of my children had her and have excelled and believe because of her.I would take her advise in a heartbeat,because she is very experienced and lives her job.

Willard Shambaugh Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
Under the new leadership of the current principal, we are removing our daughter. It is abundantly clear that under the oversight of this new and newly installed principal, that autistic kids who have behavioral challenges will be expelled. Having contended with the school for my autistic daughter, by means of a lawyer, the new principal has made it her agenda to expel my daughter. At every instance of behavioral issues, a new "manifestation for termination" is issued. To count, twice in less than 2 months. An underhanded tactic to force my daughters expulsion that we cannot afford to fight, due to legal costs. The current principal has no qualms about lying, using underhanded tactics to enforce her will and requesting other teachers to communicate with parents. Unethical and far below standards for "Principal leadership." The previous principal NEVER used such tactics and worked with us as parents and our child. On the positive side, the teachers are caring and responsive. If your child has autism and has behavioral issues that directly correlate with the diagnosis of autism, do not send your child to Shambaugh. The current principal will expel them.

Posted March 15, 2011
Perhaps a little baised, but as a former student (now a college senior) and with news of their autism class I returned to Shambaugh and it remains a great looking school and the feeling you have inside promotes security about school performance. The teachers I had that still work there also remind me that their longevity is not just based on seniority but on their "too good to be fired" teaching skills. I would highly reccomend Shambaugh be looked at as a school for your children.

Willard Shambaugh Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2009
I will go against the grain and say that I am glad that Mrs. Carr is no longer there. Since the new prinicpal has come in, it feels like a different school. I have three kids who have attended Shambaugh. For the most part, the teachers are great, but the execution needed help. I have high hopes for the school going into the future. Good luck Mr. Smiley and staff.

Willard Shambaugh Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2008

Willard Shambaugh Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2007

Posted January 16, 2006
My 12 year old daughter went to Shambaugh 2nd thru 5th grade and my 7 year old is in 1st grade at Shambaugh. My 12 year old had alot of memorable experiences and loved every one of her teachers. My 7 year old is really coming out of her shell. She use to be very shy and now is talking and playing with her class mates. I think it is because her teacher Mrs. Renbarger makes her feel comfortable and encourages her. The staff is really great,everyone is so friendly. The teachers let you know if they are concern about your child, whether it be behavior or grades. If I'm ever concerned about something Mrs. Carr or any teacher is always there to listen and help me. Mrs. Carr is a great principal! I think Shambaugh is the best elementary school in the Fort Wayne Community School district.

Posted August 05, 2004
My two youngest children went to Shambaugh. Mrs. Carr is the greatest as a principal, and the parents are friendly and active. While there were a couple of questionable teachers, overall this is the best teaching staff in FW.

Posted April 01, 2004

Willard Shambaugh Elementary School
5320 Rebecca Street, Fort Wayne, IN  46835
Last modified Willard Shambaugh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard Shambaugh Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top